Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx BCP membership fee?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx BCP membership fee?

So you’re saying you get the sub and then downgrade and get the AF back? Because I’m having second thoughts because if I usually get groceries 5% already so I’m only getting one more percent and if I have 5% card for gas, I don’t know if it makes sense but I did like the $250 sub.. I figured you had to wait at least a year and pay the annual fee once but I don’t have to?
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So you’re saying you get the sub and then downgrade and get the AF back? Because I’m having second thoughts because if I usually get groceries 5% already so I’m only getting one more percent and if I have 5% card for gas, I don’t know if it makes sense but I did like the $250 sub.. I figured you had to wait at least a year and pay the annual fee once but I don’t have to?

You only have to pay the first annual fee when you get the card, when the second AF posts you just call and downgrade and they refund it. 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

When you upgrade and spend $1K you get $250 back and the partial AF charged for the remainder of your year up to the month in which you opened the account. 

When the AF comes up in say 6 months or whatever you timeline is then you just downgrade again to the BCE.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgraded 2 months before the anniversary. Lol. So I pay a two month prorated fee and then cancel? Easy $250!
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

And there’s no issue if I want to keep it a year and then downgrade before the next annual fee either? Downgrade at anytime?
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
And there’s no issue if I want to keep it a year and then downgrade before the next annual fee either? Downgrade at anytime?

Keep it until the next AF posts. Better to be safe than risk incurring the wrath of AMEX. 

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s what I was thinking. I don’t really wanna look like I was churning. It sounded good and they talked me into it, but if I can get 5% for gas elsewhere and 5% for groceries I’m losing more to gain 1% on groceries. Annual fee is not worth 1% more in groceries. I don’t buy that many groceries.

Besides I thought the blue cash everyday looked cooler.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.