Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Blacklist

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx Blacklist

Good Afternoon,

I had an AmEx card about 17 years ago.  The relationship ended badly, but I paid everything that I owe.  The info no longer appears on my credit reports.  I was recently declined for the Sky Miles card, but I see folks on here being approved with scores which are much lower than mine.  My question is could I have been denied because the old card, but they reason used have been something else.

WBLAKE
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AmEx Blacklist

WBLAKE wrote:
Good Afternoon,

I had an AmEx card about 17 years ago.  The relationship ended badly, but I paid everything that I owe.  The info no longer appears on my credit reports.  I was recently declined for the Sky Miles card, but I see folks on here being approved with scores which are much lower than mine.  My question is could I have been denied because the old card, but they reason used have been something else.

WBLAKE

Amex will blacklist you but I only heard about it if you have included them in BK. Call a rep and ask how to re-establish your relationship

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What reason will be on the letter if I am being denied because of the old card?  
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

WBLAKE wrote:
What reason will be on the letter if I am being denied because of the old card?  

More than likely it will say just that.  Something along the lines of 'Former account not cosed in good standing'.  Amex does make exceptions...call them. Theywere inviting cardholders who left on less than favorableterms back with a rehab card at one time.

Did you BK on them?

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-01-2007 08:22 AM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.