Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Blue - significant negative balance

tag
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

AmEx Blue - significant negative balance

Hi all,

I recently PC'd from the Delta AmEx Platinum to the Delta AmEx Blue; the Plat was at a $0 balance and I was owed an AF adjustment which came out to be $57.16, currently sitting as a negative balance on the card.  I downgraded because I have Platinum Honors with Merrill and their entire suite of cards (incl. Premium Rewards as of recently, still working on SUB), along with the CSR, which has rendered the card moot at this point.  Will AmEx at some point issue a check?  Or will it sit there?

Thx in advance!  cmm89

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: AmEx Blue - significant negative balance

You might want to call them to get them to send you the balance.  Or just use the card to get $57 worth of free stuff.

Message 2 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

In addition to the options mentioned above, you can have the credit balance deposited into your deposit account via ACH if you prefer vs waiting for a check. Otherwise, if you do nothing, they'll just automatically send you a check after 60 days. 

Message 3 of 4
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

In addition to the the options mentioned above, you can have the credit balance deposited into your deposit account via ACH if you prefer vs waiting for a check. Otherwise, if you do nothing, they'll automatically send you a check after 60 days. 

Awesome.  Thanks for the quick responses!  @MrDisco99 I appreciate your insight, too.

@FinStarthis issue has been resolved.  You can go ahead and close this thread.

cmm89

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.