Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Cancelled OASIS - Help

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: AmEx Cancelled OASIS - Help

I did not know they would do that for Oasis Card. That is issued as a good faith that customer is being good to them. Things happen in life and having Oasis only proves they are trustworthy in Amex Books. I don't understand whey they would do that. I would get on the phone and talk to the Amex Supervisor.
Message 11 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think on the Oasis program you would be on tighter scrutiny than with any other card.  Repeating bad habits, not saying is true in the OPs case would certainly set off alarms.
Message 12 of 35
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF AMEX SCREWING PPL OVER! HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE SOME OF YOU TO GET IT?

Capital One, Wells Fargo, Discover, and Citi offer many of the same benefits and excellent service.

DONT BECOME ANOTHER CONSUMER CAUGHT UP IN THE AMEX HYPE...its not worth it. 
Message 13 of 35
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@CreditDrama85 wrote:

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF AMEX SCREWING PPL OVER! HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE SOME OF YOU TO GET IT?

Capital One, Wells Fargo, Discover, and Citi offer many of the same benefits and excellent service.

DONT BECOME ANOTHER CONSUMER CAUGHT UP IN THE AMEX HYPE...its not worth it.

Hey, we don't all have to love the same things. I may be putting my Citi card on a cedar post to do a little target practice, but I'm not trying to get everyone else to chop theirs up! What works for some, doesn't for others. Might want to back off there a bit, Drama.

edit: And OP, I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope you can do some digging on it, and maybe get it reversed. Good luck!

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 11-04-2007 05:54 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 35
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Ugh here come to amex bashers..

Just because it is YOUR opinion that Amex is a 'screwy company' (btw which business isnt screwing what to make profit)  does not mean everyone has to think the same way.

OP simply wants to know what happened to her Oasis card, her gateway into getting Amex card for whatever reason.

Yes there are lots of other options but we all have free choice, OP wants Amex so lets not get them on the amex bashing bandwagon.

/lecture

lmao hauling @ citi chopping ........ i gotta bring my own target practice board got an annoyance from Discover about a CL not going UP! lol
Message 15 of 35
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@SonorityGenius wrote:
@lmao hauling @ citi chopping ........ i gotta bring my own target practice board got an annoyance from Discover about a CL not going UP! lol

I'm thinking a little .22 squirrel plinker out to be enough for a plastic rectangle. Although sadly, it IS the prettiest of my cards! But that pale gold will just make it easier to sight on through my new Lasik-enhanced eyes, mmm-bwah-hah-hah!!!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 35
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'm thinking a little .22 squirrel plinker out to be enough for a plastic rectangle. Although sadly, it IS the prettiest of my cards! But that pale gold will just make it easier to sight on through my new Lasik-enhanced eyes, mmm-bwah-hah-hah!!!

Haha.. Ah Lasik enhanced, eh?! Congrats!!

I have an "urge" to get a realllllllly pretty card, maybe I will start up a thread askin for it Smiley Wink

I want the BEST looking card no matter what the terms! (except centurion CMON guys whos going to pay $2500 for an ANNUAL fee!- sheez)

Message 17 of 35
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

LOL, i will try to have a little more respect for those of you who actually like Amex.
Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

CreditDrama85 wrote:
LOL, i will try to have a little more respect for those of you who actually like Amex.

LOL!! I'm not an Amex fan don't have one.  I think the F/R thingine is too invasive for me. Think the OP wanted opinions as to why the card was cancelled and I gave one. Again any bank has the right to CLD or cancel your card, you are asking them to trust you. Junny/Barclays is famous for it without the benefit of an F/R.

Message 19 of 35
Lawlover2
Contributor

Actually, I was in the process of paying things off and looking back, I wasn't late on anything at the time.  My scores at that point were most likely higher than when I got the card.  I had not received any new credit and had absolutely no inquiries on this.  I know I won't get the card if I apply for a true Am Ex as my scores are still way to low (I am still in recoverySmiley Happy).  This was the only CC I had so now I have nothing and am afraid now . . . I don't have any CC to carry a 10% balance w/ and afraid of being turned down w/ others and wasting inquiries.  I know that Wash Mu and Capital One will certainly tell me know - they have been paid in full but were closed by the creditor!  When I call AmEx, should I immediately ask to speak to a supervisor and ask to have my Oasis card back?
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.