Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Not Accepting Payment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx Not Accepting Payment?

Hi all!

New question.  Couldn't find this elsewhere or on Google.  I tried to make a payment on my Hilton card this afternoon.  No statement has cut for this card yet.  I've successfully made 2 payments before now, one from my phone and one from my computer.

When I tried to do it today, it told me that no payment was currently scheduled.  I then tried to pay on my BCE (which I've already made the minimum payment for) and I had no problem.  Has anyone had this issue before? 

Thanks so much.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: AmEx Not Accepting Payment?

I'd call Amex CS just to see if their IT could help
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the response.  I thought it was pretty strange - my statement doesn't cut until next week, so I'm not getting too close to that date.  I'll definitely call AmEx, but it'll be tomorrow (after the Super Bowl)!  I'll report back in case anyone has this issue in the future.

Message 3 of 7
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Is there a reason you need to make 5 payments in one month?

The system won't let you make a payment if you're balance shows $0

You can always use your bank's online bill pay though to push one to them.  Or just use the cards as a normal user and setup autopay and not play the balance chasing game.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No specific reason.  I decided to close my Suntrust account and transfer to PenFed, so I was going to pay on my cards before I close it down.  I'll just deal with it after the statement cuts and PIF.  I have about $400 on it right now.  I don't want them to think I'm being fishy when, actually, I realized I could pay more on it than I originally thought.  That's what I get for jumping on it too early!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would this be a new account. I went through this with a new account from Amex. I called and was told that after 30 days I could make multiple pyments per month. Something about verifying my payment bank account.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Would this be a new account. I went through this with a new account from Amex. I called and was told that after 30 days I could make multiple pyments per month. Something about verifying my payment bank account.

Ahhh, yes. OK, that makes sense.  The HHonors is about 3 weeks old and the BCE is now a month old (although the statement cut last week).  I'll lay low until the statement cuts.  I was just worried about the 19% interest and didn't want to get distracted and spend the money elsewhere.  Thanks for the tip!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.