cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx PC/Downgrades and how not to apply for AmEx cards..

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: AmEx PC/Downgrades and how not to apply for AmEx cards..

It’s 61 days for a new account and then you get one every 6 months after that, not per card. If you are denied the 61 day increase you can try again in 90 days.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDisco99wrote:
It’s 61 days for a new account and then you get one every 6 months after that, not per card. If you are denied the 61 day increase you can try again in 90 days.

Ok so each new account you can try in 61 days, if you are denied in 61 days, you can try again in 90 days? Otherwise, it’s 150 days or 6 months, regardless of card.

Message 12 of 16
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

No, you get a CLI after 61 days of your FIRST new account.  After that you get ONE CLI on any card every 180 days.

Adding accounts does not get you additional CLIs, and you do not get a 61 day CLI on those.  You have to wait for the 6 month timer on new accounts as well.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDisco99wrote:

No, you get a CLI after 61 days of your FIRST new account.  After that you get ONE CLI on any card every 180 days.

Adding accounts does not get you additional CLIs, and you do not get a 61 day CLI on those.  You have to wait for the 6 month timer on new accounts as well.

Ok I think I understand. I opened 2 Amex cards last month, Hilton on the 1st and SPG on the 18th. 

So if I only wanted a CLI on the SPG, I would have to wait 6 months from the open date?

Message 14 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MrDisco99wrote:

If you open a card and never request a CLI, and then open another, you have to wait 61 days after the opening of the that card to get a CLI on card 2, right?  So it's more a feature of your first CLI than the first new account I think.

Message 15 of 16
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurkerwrote:

@MrDisco99wrote:

If you open a card and never request a CLI, and then open another, you have to wait 61 days after the opening of the that card to get a CLI on card 2, right?  So it's more a feature of your first CLI than the first new account I think.

I actually didn't think so, but I have no data points to confirm either way.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.