AmEx Platinum Pay Over Time Select

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: AmEx Platinum Pay Over Time Select

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Lucifer wrote:

They've put me on it automatically but I am a PIFer.   

There is a toggle switch in the online account to turn it off - I forget what page but its around your POT info pages.

Im a LIEr, nice to meet you PIFerSmiley Happy

Why is it that I hear the Jaws theme when it comes to you two? Baaahahaha!!!!

And now for something completely different...

POT Direct is the only thing you need to worry about. POT Select moves things over $100 and doesn't charge interest until the next statement.

POT Direct starts charging interest on whatever amount from the posting date of the charge.

Select = Good

Direct = Bad... Very bad!!

Quick clarification on this... POT Direct is fine, and you only pay interest if you carry a balance.  I've had it for years now and have yet to pay a single penny of interest, although I like knowing I can have more time if needed.

The only difference in POT Select and POT Direct is that with Direct any charge of $100 or over is automatically given the POT option, while with Select you have to manually move it over yourself.  Note that just because a transaction has the option for POT, you're still able to pay it in full if you want (which is what I do).

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lucifer wrote:

There is a toggle switch in the online account to turn it off - I forget what page but its around your POT info pages.

POT Direct is the only thing you need to worry about. POT Select moves things over $100 and doesn't charge interest until the next statement.

POT Direct starts charging interest on whatever amount from the posting date of the charge.

Select = Good

Quick clarification on this... POT Direct is fine, and you only pay interest if you carry a balance.  I've had it for years now and have yet to pay a single penny of interest, although I like knowing I can have more time if needed.

The only difference in POT Select and POT Direct is that with Direct any charge of $100 or over is automatically given the POT option, while with Select you have to manually move it over yourself.  Note that just because a transaction has the option for POT, you're still able to pay it in full if you want (which is what I do).

I know what you're talking about. I'm having difficulty finding info about it now but there was another option about non-travel charges under $100 being put in POT... AMEX is being wierd right now, not able to view offers or check on POT info...

Message 12 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lucifer wrote:

Select = Good

I know what you're talking about. I'm having difficulty finding info about it now but there was another option about non-travel charges under $100 being put in POT... AMEX is being wierd right now, not able to view offers or check on POT info...

The other option you might be thinking of is 'Plan It', but that's for revolving cards.  POT is strictly for charge cards.

Message 13 of 14
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

@Lucifer wrote:

lolol

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.