Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx SPG Personal & Biz - Applying on Same Day

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: AmEx SPG Personal & Biz - Applying on Same Day

I just wanted to add that I had a similar experience. I applied and rang in for the personal to give them the PIN for Experian and it was approved a few seconds later. I applied for the business next and was approved but had to close a card to get it. It went pending for one more day to verify the card closure and then it was approved. For some reason they approved it for half of the card that I closed, but I am somewhat OK with that. On Flyertalk people were saying they had to wait five days for the application to come out of pending, but I did not experience that.

Message 11 of 17
Open123
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

My understanding is that you can't get the bonus on the same AmEx card if you've have had it open in the last 12 months. You also can't get a bonus on a charge card if you've had ANY AmEx charge card open in the previous 90 days. SPG isn't a charge card though.

Right, it's 12 months for the same card, and 90 day for the family of cards.  Also, most of their cards now have the stipulation that anyone identified as a current Amex cardmember may be excluded from the bonus.

Aside from the 12 month same product exclusion, the SPG Business card doesn't have any of the above restrictions.

Message 12 of 17
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

congrats! I was tempted tp get the 30k offer on the personal but haven't pulled the trigger....time's running out.

Anyway, You may get only one HP. I got my gold biz and SPG biz on the same day and only got one HP. I am not sure if apping for personal and biz changes the odds though. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 13 of 17
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I forgot to add that I did only receive one inquiry. A few months ago I applied for two American Express cards on different days and still only had one pull.
Message 14 of 17
bribro
Valued Contributor

Interestingly enough, I haven't received any HPs as a result of my double app yet.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 15 of 17
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Now that is truly interesting. I wonder why that is. Does Amex use some discretion to honor recent HPs on new apps?

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 16 of 17
bribro
Valued Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

Now that is truly interesting. I wonder why that is. Does Amex use some discretion to honor recent HPs on new apps?

Prior to my double SPG app, I hadn't applied for an AmEx card in over a year. It could just be a bug in my credit monitoring software, but as of right now still no HPs.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.