Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx SPG Personal & Biz - Applying on Same Day

tag
bribro
Valued Contributor

AmEx SPG Personal & Biz - Applying on Same Day

After waiting 60 days to lapse since my last HP (Ink Plus 60k), I applied for both the personal and business versions of the SPG today. The personal SPG was instantly approved with a limit of $25k. After submitting the application for the business SPG a few minutes later, I received the following message:

Quote:
Your application is pending further review. Please call us now.
Thank you for your application for The Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card From American Express OPEN and any Additional Cards you may have requested. In order to provide you with an instant decision, we need to speak with you. We are available to assist you from Monday through Friday, 8 AM to midnight, Saturday 9:30 AM to 9 PM, and Sunday 10 AM to 9 PM ET.

Please call us at 1-800-582-6471 to be connected directly to a Customer Care Professional who will provide you with a decision. To expedite your call, please refer to your individual tracking number: XXXXXXX.

If you are unable to speak with us now, please print this page and call us during the hours listed above. We will finalize your application at that time. If we don't hear from you, we will attempt to contact you within 2-3 days.

Thank you for choosing American Express.

The AmEx phone rep was very friendly and explained how they put double applications on hold, asked a couple of basic questions, and then approved me for $10k and, unprompted, offered to expedite the card so that it would arrive in 2-3 business days. I asked if I could also expedite the personal SPG, but no dice and I don't need it that fast anyway so didn't push.

I'll report back when I see how the inquiries hit my CR; I expect to get 2 HPs, but maybe I'll get lucky.

Just wanted to share my experience for those considering double AmEx SPG apps before the 30k offer expires on September 3rd.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AmEx SPG Personal & Biz - Applying on Same Day

Congrats on your approvals and CL's! Thank you for proving the info on double apps too.
Message 2 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

WTG congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

Grats! Is the current offer for 30k SPG?
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 17
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

@enharu wrote:

For a limited time, yes. I believe it expires 09/03/13.

Message 6 of 17
bribro
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Yes. The 30k offer expires on September 3rd. My understanding is that you have to be APPROVED for the card by that date in order to get the bonus. It's not like with the Chase Ink Bold.Plus 60k where you would still get the bonus as long as you applied before the cutoff.

So, I would recommend that anyone considering a double app to apply ASAP, no later than this coming Monday, since double apps are sometimes forced into a 5 day waiting period.

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 7 of 17
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Yes. The 30k offer expires on September 3rd. My understanding is that you have to be APPROVED for the card by that date in order to get the bonus. It's not like with the Chase Ink Bold.Plus 60k where you would still get the bonus as long as you applied before the cutoff.

So, I would recommend that anyone considering a double app to apply ASAP, no later than this coming Monday, since double apps are sometimes forced into a 5 day waiting period.

Do I understand this correctly as long as you wait 60 days between amex apps you can get the bonus of a different card?  Is this rule on their website?

Message 8 of 17
JonStur
Established Contributor

Isn't it tho....they keep teasing me with Pre-quals but in the garden I shall remain!!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 9 of 17
bribro
Valued Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@enharu wrote:

Do I understand this correctly as long as you wait 60 days between amex apps you can get the bonus of a different card?  Is this rule on their website?

My understanding is that you can't get the bonus on the same AmEx card if you've have had it open in the last 12 months. You also can't get a bonus on a charge card if you've had ANY AmEx charge card open in the previous 90 days. SPG isn't a charge card though.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.