Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx multiple payments FYI

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: AmEx multiple payments FYI

It's confusing because it seems like the customer service reps are unaware of all the details. Either that or its complicated enough that they simply miss something.

But the way I understand it, it has to do more with new bank accounts rather than the AMEX account itself. If you add a new payment account down the road, the 30-day cycle will repeat. But according to the last rep I talked to, the restrictions wouldn't apply to the previously added bank account. If you decide to start paying from a different bank, a gradual switch with both accounts being available for payment for a short time would beat an abrupt change.

Message 11 of 13
Mattopotamus
Frequent Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

It's confusing because it seems like the customer service reps are unaware of all the details. Either that or its complicated enough that they simply miss something.

But the way I understand it, it has to do more with new bank accounts rather than the AMEX account itself. If you add a new payment account down the road, the 30-day cycle will repeat. But according to the last rep I talked to, the restrictions wouldn't apply to the previously added bank account. If you decide to start paying from a different bank, a gradual switch with both accounts being available for payment for a short time would beat an abrupt change.

I think the complicated part is right haha.  I have a platinum and ED card.  When I first got the platinum card, I did also add a new bank account (which shows on both the ED and platinum).  The ED card continued to let me make multiple payments, but the Platinum was the once every 7 days.  This was all with making payments from the orginial bank account.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mattopotamus wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I think the complicated part is right haha.  I have a platinum and ED card.  When I first got the platinum card, I did also add a new bank account (which shows on both the ED and platinum).  The ED card continued to let me make multiple payments, but the Platinum was the once every 7 days.  This was all with making payments from the orginial bank account.

It seems far more complicated than it should. When I set up my online access to my PRG accounts I had to completely re-link my bank accounts even though they were already on my BCP which i believe is what restarted the "One payment every seven days" BS. I think they need a little more corss communication if a customer has multiple accounts.

However its not a huge issue and easy to deal with. Just a small pain in the butt.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.