cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazing Cap One CLI - like clock work (but needs effort)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing Cap One CLI - like clock work (but needs effort)

Have two Cap One cards:

Platinum - Since Oct 2014, started with $300. Went to $2000 in 6 months but after 1.5 years, hit CLI yesterday and got another one ! current limit is $6300..

QS1 - Since Mar 2015, started with $500 which became $2000 in 6 months and another $2000 in Jan 16 . After hitting CLI on Platinum yesterday, got encouraged (aka greedy) and hit this one too and voila !! another $2000 increase Smiley Happy

Was kinda worried on 22% util across the board which is now eased. All thanks to MyFico posts helping me understand to manage credit, timely payments, not to exceed thresholds and above all, smart tactics...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazing Cap One CLI - like clock work (but needs effort)

So you just had a CLI on your QS1 in Jan. 2016 and you still got another CLI yesterday? Was the CLI in Jan. an auto increase? I ask because I always thought Cap1 would only allow CLIs once every 6 months?

Congrats on your CLIs!!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice! You may not be aware you can upgrade your Platinum to a QS MC and start earning 1.5%. Just ask rep in chat.

If you do that, you could then combine QS1 with it and have big CL. I combined mine on Fri but haven't changed my sig yet.

Regardless, great job! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice increases!!! Congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So you just had a CLI on your QS1 in Jan. 2016 and you still got another CLI yesterday? Was the CLI in Jan. an auto increase? I ask because I always thought Cap1 would only allow CLIs once every 6 months?

Congrats on your CLIs!!

You are correct on the 6 month timeline but I got a pay hike in Jan. That prompted me to check (as it's a SP, doesn't hurt at all Smiley Happy) and that's how the increase. Yesterday's increase was a surprise for me too...

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Very nice! You may not be aware you can upgrade your Platinum to a QS MC and start earning 1.5%. Just ask rep in chat.

If you do that, you could then combine QS1 with it and have big CL. I combined mine on Fri but haven't changed my sig yet.

Regardless, great job! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the suggestion. Let me check with the rep on chat...will update here on how it went.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NeverTooLate, A BIG THANK YOU !!!

Went on chat with a Cap One rep, he checked my request and confirmed my upgrade to QS is possible.....got transferred to another rep and this time the lady asked fundamental questions and said "your upgrade is now complete", the new card does not have AF, same limit and 1.5% cash back Smiley Happy The best part is I can continue using my Platinum MC till I get the QS and activate it.

I was also told that I could combine two of my cards into one but one of them has to have zero balance. I'm paying off the Platinum in a couple of days. Will try combining once I get the QS.

Question - between QS and QS1, I assume the QS is better as it has no AF? 

Thanks again....

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! I made zero balance on the QS1 since it has AF and combined that into the QS (ex-Platinum).

The card you're getting rid of needs zero balance. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice cap1 love!

Message 9 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous, A BIG THANK YOU !!!

Went on chat with a Cap One rep, he checked my request and confirmed my upgrade to QS is possible.....got transferred to another rep and this time the lady asked fundamental questions and said "your upgrade is now complete", the new card does not have AF, same limit and 1.5% cash back Smiley Happy The best part is I can continue using my Platinum MC till I get the QS and activate it.

I was also told that I could combine two of my cards into one but one of them has to have zero balance. I'm paying off the Platinum in a couple of days. Will try combining once I get the QS.

Question - between QS and QS1, I assume the QS is better as it has no AF? 

Thanks again....

Yep, that's the idea!  Smiley Wink

Congrats on your upgrade!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.