cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazing Rebuild! Thank you to everyone for the invaluable info!

tag
Emierja99
Contributor

Amazing Rebuild! Thank you to everyone for the invaluable info!

Greetings To All,

I just want to thank everyone on this amazing forum for giving out the priceless information in order to help in rebuilding my credit. I began this journey a year ago and I have made amazing strides. The wealth of information that is provided on this site is invaluable. I started out with a Citi secured card ($900), followed by an approval two months later for unsecured Cap One Plat MC ($300). I obtained the Discover secured card ($500) and then applied and was approved for an unsecured Mission Lane subprime card ($750). I know, I know - I went on an app spree because of the success of approvals. 

I am by no means done with my rebuild. I still have student loans that are in deferment and I have about 7 collections that will be paid by the end of 2019. So once I accomplish that I will be able to really work on improving my scores even more. 

Here are some DP about my cards-

As of August 2019, I have had Citi secured and Discover secured card both graduate! My CapOne Plat was successfully increased to $500 with the credit steps programs! I was so ecstatic. Citi was unexpected but it graduated within the 12-month timeframe which is considered early. Discover graduated within the 7-month timeframe, exactly 3 days after my seventh statement cut. It was also increased from $500 to $1500! Yayyyy! I use PIF with all my cards, rarely ever a balance being reported. 

Starting scores - Sept 2018

TU - 580

EX - 594

EQ - 590

Current Scores - August 2019

TU - 639

EX - 648

EQ - 721

Thanks again to everyone and congratulations to everyone who have made poor decisions previously but are not learning from them and implementing better ones for the future! Here's to great success!!

8 REPLIES 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amazing Rebuild! Thank you to everyone for the invaluable info!

Great jobSmiley Happy Well doneSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 9
Hex
Valued Contributor

You’ve done a great job! It’s so nice to see things getting better and better isn’t it? Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your success so far!

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job buddy! Now keep up the hard work and you'll continue to succeed in all credit endeavors before you.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazing job!!...congrats

Message 6 of 9
Emierja99
Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit

Thank you so much! I had so many helpful tips from your "average advice"! 

Message 7 of 9
Emierja99
Contributor

@Hex

Oh my goodness, such a beautiful feeling when things work out in your favor and improvements are being seen! 

Message 8 of 9
Emierja99
Contributor

@goodcreditforus

@KJinNC

@513credit

Thank you so much for the well wishes!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.