Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon CLI success! somewhat...

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Amazon CLI success! somewhat...

Today I decided to call Amazon about my 1k limit on my credit card. I was planning on making a big purchase in a few weeks and I didn't want to go over my limit (I don't even think that's possible with this card). Anyway knowing GE...they typically approve your requested amount...Sooo I requested 3k to bring my total to 4k...major fail as I suspected considering I've only had the card for a month now..they denied me for 4K and told me I'd received a letter stating why. Thinking my call was a complete fail, I chastised myself a great deal for not waiting for that 4th statement to request additonal credit. To my surprise when I logged into my account later today, I noticed my limit was bumped to 2k from 1k...the CSR failed to mention that! Somewhat success with GE Amazon!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
knj601
Established Member

Re: Amazon CLI success! somewhat...

I just got approved for this card today! I look forward to future CLI, but I was happy to start at a $900 limit! Congrats on your semi-sucess! Smiley Happy

Current: TU (Wal-Mart) 640 EQ (myFICO) 627 EX 628 as of 10/12
BK Discharged 08/10 (The dark times)
NavChek (5000) Cap1 (2500 & 1000) hhGregg (1500) Amazon (900) & WalMart (500) Lowes (300)

Goal: No apps until 07/2013 & 700's across the board
Message 2 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

Today I decided to call Amazon about my 1k limit on my credit card. I was planning on making a big purchase in a few weeks and I didn't want to go over my limit (I don't even think that's possible with this card). Anyway knowing GE...they typically approve your requested amount...Sooo I requested 3k to bring my total to 4k...major fail as I suspected considering I've only had the card for a month now..they denied me for 4K and told me I'd received a letter stating why. Thinking my call was a complete fail, I chastised myself a great deal for not waiting for that 4th statement to request additonal credit. To my surprise when I logged into my account later today, I noticed my limit was bumped to 2k from 1k...the CSR failed to mention that! Somewhat success with GE Amazon!

CONGRATS!!!

Your account likely got manual reviewed and they were able to still increase you, just not as much as you wanted.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Any increase is good at this point! Especially considering my account is barely a month old! Lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 13
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Congrats! GE is pretty awesome when it comes to CLI'sSmiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

THANKS!

I'll make a note to bother GE again in a month or two Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I've been noticing that they do this lately lol... Weird... But goood!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I just find it pretty weird they flat out say it's denied instead of saying "oh you know we can counter your request with this amount..." LOL.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome, good for you!! I've been at $600 since I got the card earlier this year. Decided to try for an increase, and asked for $1000, denied! BUT the automated message said it could be raised to $850?? I pressed 2 to accept the offer Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's awesome, good for you!! I've been at $600 since I got the card earlier this year. Decided to try for an increase, and asked for $1000, denied! BUT the automated message said it could be raised to $850?? I pressed 2 to accept the offer Smiley Happy

That sucks! Smiley Sad You should try another increase soon. Talk to a rep. I think you have to say REP 4 times before it connects you but it helps to let them work the numbers rather than the system. They might give you a chance and approve you for a little more.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.