Did you mean: 

Amazon Card vs PayPal Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Card vs PayPal Credit?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Also (I havent applied or have it but was looking into it not to long ago) if you apply for the Paypal Mastercard and you dont get approved they will try to approve you for the Paypal smart connect (its kinda like PayPals store card) that also links directly to your paypal account but its more like a online line of credit (revolving of course)

if you do get approved for the paypal smart connect instead of paypal mastercard you can open a paypal business debit card (its a SP not a HP) and link your smart connect as the backup funding source and pretty much use it anywhere Mastercard is accepted so it basically becomes a Mastercard. It also gives you 1% Cash Back (the paypal business Debit Mastercard)

Approved for Smart Connect 300$ Smiley Happy

And Approved for Amazon Visa 1500$ Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!! I was going to apply but I have to garden! Just in case you wanted to go with amazon or try. I was approved for $800 for Amazon with a 623 TU score. This was last month. Its now at 652 but since your score is higher you might get approved more with Amazon (if you needed more) congrats again and thanks for sharing!!!

Was it a instant approval for the smart connect? Im asking because while I was looking Into it I read a lot of people had to call in to find out they were approved for the Smart connect. Congrats again.
Message 12 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! Thats awesome!! So you know which report the Amazon visa pulled?
Message 13 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats!!! Thats awesome!! So you know which report the Amazon visa pulled?

Thank you thank you! Im guessing TU since its 663 right now lol But not sure yet.

Message 14 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay great! Thank you!! And congrats on all of your approvals!! I definitely want a Amazon Visa in my future life and even though I cant apply right now I like to get all the information on cards I would love to have in the future so thanks so much again for sharing. And Congrats!!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 28
juggar
Contributor

@dbw79 wrote:

Juggar,

Good morning. I have a question and hopefully you can help me. I have one paypal account which is linked with my Paypal credit. I opened another paypal account a long time ago with the intentions of apping for the paypal mastercard, yet when I apply it recognizes my social # and won't process my application. Am I doing something wrong? I also tried to app for the ebay mastercard and got the same error message. I thought as long as you had separate accounts you could qualify for both.

Appreciate your help.

Hmmm, it was about a year ago that I got both accounts. I think I applied for "bill-me-later" through the bill-me-later website or through some form of shopping cart where it offered something like $20 off if  I was approved.

Best of luck getting it sorted out. 

and congrats to OP! 

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 16 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Okay great! Thank you!! And congrats on all of your approvals!! I definitely want a Amazon Visa in my future life and even though I cant apply right now I like to get all the information on cards I would love to have in the future so thanks so much again for sharing. And Congrats!!!!!!!!! Smiley Happy

Thank You very much! Good Luck im sure youll get it in the future.

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggar wrote:

@dbw79 wrote:

Juggar,

Good morning. I have a question and hopefully you can help me. I have one paypal account which is linked with my Paypal credit. I opened another paypal account a long time ago with the intentions of apping for the paypal mastercard, yet when I apply it recognizes my social # and won't process my application. Am I doing something wrong? I also tried to app for the ebay mastercard and got the same error message. I thought as long as you had separate accounts you could qualify for both.

Appreciate your help.

Hmmm, it was about a year ago that I got both accounts. I think I applied for "bill-me-later" through the bill-me-later website or through some form of shopping cart where it offered something like $20 off if  I was approved.

Best of luck getting it sorted out. 

and congrats to OP! 

Thanks Sir!

Message 18 of 28
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I do have the Amazon store card (approved last month) I honestly love it and have no problems with it. There are a lot of bad reviews about it online like they cant find where to make a payment but honestly their website is pretty easy to naviagate. You just have to click on that large button that says "MAKE A PAYMENT" my first payment was $100 and there was no extra hold or anything and actually came through pretty quick. I also love their no financing deals!! $150 or more and you get 6 months.

I really like that card too. Out of all my Sync Bank cards, that one was grown the most and fast too. It's my second only highest limit card from them besides my Ebates Visa Plat. It started out at just 600 dollars and I've gotten two increases since.

And congrats to the OP. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 19 of 28
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@juggar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking to finish a PC build of about 250$'s and I need one more store card (or MC/Visa) I felt these two were the way to go to make the purchase for PC parts.

Does anyone have input on these two as to which would be better for this kind of stuff and approval rate etc?

Thanks All !

Apply for the PayPal Extras mastercard, it hooks directly in with your Paypal account so if you have money in the paypal account(from ebay sales like me) you can apply it directly to the extras card and it reflects on your available credit immediately. When I got approved I think my score was like ~650 

Still takes a few days for the balance to update, but still its nice to see an instant impact and more available credit.

They have been having some pretty good rewards stuff going on with the paypal card, I get emails where its like " hey, activate this offer and use your card at least once and you get a $10 statement credit" . 

If you cant get approved for that try paypal buyer credit (used to be bill-me-later). 

You can also try the newegg preferred card, now the newegg preferred and paypal buyer credit dont report anything to the CB's unless your late. So the limits wont show and it wont show as a tradeline. 

Oh, and if you want both the extras mastercard and paypal buyer credit you need two separate paypal accounts. You would need a third if you wanted the ebay mastercard

I often wondered if someone would actually dare to get all three(BML, Extras Mastercard, and Ebay) and go to the trouble of creating 3 different accounts. Also, if Paypal would see this as a problem once caught, albeit allowed.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.