cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Chase Rewards Visa Card (30 Day Wait)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Chase Rewards Visa Card (30 Day Wait)

Long time lurker first time poster. 

Applied for the Amazon Chase Rewards Visa Card.  Offered $50 GC and instant decision.

Got the 30 Day Wait notification for a decision.  That was 4 days ago, Checked my score etc.

after their HP.  Score is 716, I have no delinquencies, debt to credit ratio is low, absolutely nothing

bad etc. in my CR.  Been debating on calling Chase to see if there is a problem.  Not sure if I should

wait or give them a call.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon Chase Rewards Visa Card (30 Day Wait)

Call the backdoor # for a recon. They may just need to speak with you to verify info. Good Luck

Message 2 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I agree with Credit314. Call the backdoor number. The 30 day notice typically means identity verification. Chase likes to verify identity. They did this with me and I got a 5k limit. Good luck!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 5
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

+1

I would call the backdoor number as well to check the status. Good luck!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I gave them a call & it it was really not a big deal. I already have a Chase Visa with a generous CL. 

They did not have a problem issuing me the Amazon card but wanted me to take some of my CL from my

Chase Visa & apply it to the Amazon Visa.  I went ahead & applied about a fourth to the Amazon card.

After looking at my % rate I see the Amazon card is 1% lower than my Chase Visa.  Would it have been

better to close the Chase Visa & apply the whole CL to the Amazon? This card makes my 3rd card.  But

is really the only Rewards card I have.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.