Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Issues and the Chase Amazon Rewards Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Issues and the Chase Amazon Rewards Card

Amazon has recently changed their policy and will no longer perform price adjustments.  For those who may not have known, Amazon would credit you back if the price of the item(s) you purchased decreased within 1 week of delivery.  This request had to be customer initiated, and only by speaking with customer service.  I discovered this change as an item I was waiting to ship had decreased while waiting for the free shipping.

I buy a lot from Amazon, but only because of the price protection.  Now that they've changed their policy, I'm separating from Amazon (closing business and personal accounts).  I have the Chase Amazon Rewards card and called to have my card PC'd to another Chase product.  I was advised by Chase that they cannot PC the Amazon card to any other card.  In lieu there of I had all by 500 of the CL moved to my Chase Freedom card.  I'll close it after the rewards from this cycle have been calculated and redeemed.

Has anyone been able to PC the Amazon card?  I'd rather PC it than close it, but it is what it is.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Issues and the Chase Amazon Rewards Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Amazon has recently changed their policy and will no longer perform price adjustments.  For those who may not have known, Amazon would credit you back if the price of the item(s) you purchased decreased within 1 week of delivery.  This request had to be customer initiated, and only by speaking with customer service.  I discovered this change as an item I was waiting to ship had decreased while waiting for the free shipping.

I buy a lot from Amazon, but only because of the price protection.  Now that they've changed their policy, I'm separating from Amazon (closing business and personal accounts).  I have the Chase Amazon Rewards card and called to have my card PC'd to another Chase product.  I was advised by Chase that they cannot PC the Amazon card to any other card.  In lieu there of I had all by 500 of the CL moved to my Chase Freedom card.  I'll close it after the rewards from this cycle have been calculated and redeemed.

Has anyone been able to PC the Amazon card?  I'd rather PC it than close it, but it is what it is.

You cannot PC a cobranded Chase card.

Message 2 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Sorry but you simply cannot PC it. With cobrands you're locked into that product.
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
Sorry but you simply cannot PC it. With cobrands you're locked into that product.

Bummer.  At least they let me move the CL.

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

All that over a small change in policy?

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

All that over a small change in policy?

Beats me too. It certainly sucks to see such a perk go away, but stop buying from Amazon altogther just for that, doesn't make sense. I monitor their prices all the time but I never found a considerable price drop within a week to ask them for a refund. The bad thing is that the Amazon visa doesn't offer price protection, but other cards do, and it's much longer than the one week that Amazon themselves offer.

Message 6 of 25
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can't PC the card because it's co-branded...

Don't get your huge "issue" with a policy though. You obviously felt the price was good enough when you bought the product oterhwise you would of bought it elsewhere or not at all. Granted because they don't price match among other things I have decreased my spending on Amazon but I wouldn't be so drastic as to closing all the cards and closing accounts.... Just don't shop there and if you happen to want something quickly or cant find it elsewhere you can still get it there.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 7 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I, too, am a little confused about abandoning Amazon over the policy change. If you shopped there often before, you obviously felt you were getting a good value. Now because of this change, you won't shop there?

To me, Amazon isn't by far always the cheapest way to get items; it's more about convenience, I think, for a lot of people. You pay more for convenience in most circumstances, generally, so I can kind of understand if they don't want to price match.

Message 8 of 25
elim
Senior Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I, too, am a little confused about abandoning Amazon over the policy change. If you shopped there often before, you obviously felt you were getting a good value. Now because of this change, you won't shop there?

To me, Amazon isn't by far always the cheapest way to get items; it's more about convenience, I think, for a lot of people. You pay more for convenience in most circumstances, generally, so I can kind of understand if they don't want to price match.

+1...    hard to find items delivered in 2 days is worth it to me.  Tax free to boot.

Message 9 of 25
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@elim wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

+1...    hard to find items delivered in 2 days is worth it to me.  Tax free to boot.

For you at least lol. I pay for sales tax (8.875%) on amazon so I have moved to Newegg for my technology purchases or Bestbuy. Newegg only has warehouses in New Jersey and some place in California so I pay no sales tax on that ( NYC). Go to bestbuy for stuff I want now. Am still a prime member so I end up using it to justify spending on prime ( primarily for video).

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.