Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Payments...Suspicious?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Amazon Payments...Suspicious?

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Not suspicious at all. Just don't use a citi card. They'll might charge you cash advanced fees.

Have there really been cases of that?  Haven't seen any

Message 11 of 20
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I send 1k a month from my wifes AP account (AMEX SPG) to my account and then deposit... it's set up to automatically do it on the 12th of the month.  no issues at all after 18 month.  typical spend on that card is 3-4k a month so maybe it just blends in.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 12 of 20
red259
Super Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

I send 1k a month from my wifes AP account (AMEX SPG) to my account and then deposit... it's set up to automatically do it on the 12th of the month.  no issues at all after 18 month.  typical spend on that card is 3-4k a month so maybe it just blends in.

Statements like this make me thing I should hurry up and get married. Smiley Wink

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 20
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Anyone know the best cards to use for AP?

Message 14 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

No card, with the possible exception of Discover during the online promotions, treats Amazon Payment as a category spend.

For cashback cards, you just want the highest percentage. so something like Fidelity Amex, Barclays Arrival Plus and now, providing they don't treat is specially, the Citi Double Cash (do a small amount first!)

For other things, whichever points card give you the most per $ of general spend.   So the Everyday Preferred can give 1.5MR on this for example

Message 15 of 20
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

No card, with the possible exception of Discover during the online promotions, treats Amazon Payment as a category spend.

For cashback cards, you just want the highest percentage. so something like Fidelity Amex, Barclays Arrival Plus and now, providing they don't treat is specially, the Citi Double Cash (do a small amount first!)

For other things, whichever points card give you the most per $ of general spend.   So the Everyday Preferred can give 1.5MR on this for example

You mean like now where Discover is running their online shopping/dept store promotions? I can use it for that and then get 5%?.

Message 16 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

You mean like now where Discover is running their online shopping/dept store promotions? I can use it for that and then get 5%?.

That is what one or two people claimed last year, don't have a discover so didn't try.

Message 17 of 20
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:
Not suspicious at all. Just don't use a citi card. They'll might charge you cash advanced fees.

Have there really been cases of that?  Haven't seen any

I dont know anyone personally but ive read threads

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 18 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

Yes, the past couple of years, whenever Discover had online payments, AP has always counted towards the 5%.  I see no reason why it wouldn't again for the next quarter.

Message 19 of 20
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

Yes, the past couple of years, whenever Discover had online payments, AP has always counted towards the 5%.  I see no reason why it wouldn't again for the next quarter.

This is full of so much WIN! Come on October! Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.