Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime 5% Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Prime 5% Credit

Can someone please tell me what happens to the Amazon 5% credit earned? I had $60 dollars earned a few weeks ago. I looked at my account today & only $5 is showing. I did not ask for a statement credit so what happened to it? I keep getting the run around from Amazon & Synchrony Bank. Both keep transferring saying they don't handle the rewards.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime 5% Credit

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone please tell me what happens to the Amazon 5% credit earned? I had $60 dollars earned a few weeks ago. I looked at my account today & only $5 is showing. I did not ask for a statement credit so what happened to it? I keep getting the run around from Amazon & Synchrony Bank. Both keep transferring saying they don't handle the rewards.

It is credited towards your statement automatically.  It is not something you ask for as it's how the 5% is credited according to the terms you signed up for:

Get 5% back (as a statement credit). All purchases (less returns and other credits) to which the 5% back benefit applies will result in a statement credit equal to 5% of such purchases on your Amazon.com Store Card or Amazon Prime Store Card account

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The sync store card is statement credit only. That is the only way you can use your5%. You don't have to ask for it. It automatically goes into your account.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

As others have said, its an automatic statement credit. It shows your annual credit on the main page and a few weeks ago it was 2016. So you earned $60 in cashback last year that was automatically credited when the statement cut. So far this year you've earned $5 that was credited to your statement. Personally I love that sync does this because theres no benchmark $20-$25 to redeem rewards. Its just an automatic 5% off any purchase since the credit is applied before the bill.
Message 4 of 11
CluelessJohn
Contributor

Is the automatic statement credit an annual event or a monthly thing? 

Chase Freedom Visa ($15K) Chase Freedom Flex ($15K) Chase Amazon Prime ($9K) USAA Limitless ($20K) AMEX BCE ($30K) CapOne QuickSilver ($15K) Citi DC ($20.5K) Citi Custom Cash ($5K) Discover It ($7.5K) BOA Cash Rewards ($5K) BOA MLB ($13K) USBank Cash+($10K) WF Active Cash ($8K)
FICO 8 ~800
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CluelessJohn wrote:

Is the automatic statement credit an annual event or a monthly thing? 

Monthly on each statement

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The calendar year just reset.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is credited towards your statement automatically.  It is not something you ask for as it's how the 5% is credited according to the terms you signed up for:

Get 5% back (as a statement credit). All purchases (less returns and other credits) to which the 5% back benefit applies will result in a statement credit equal to 5% of such purchases on your Amazon.com Store Card or Amazon Prime Store Card account

I thought I had to ask them to do this? Does it take a few months for the statement credit to show up because it is not showing up on last month or this month's statement . 

Message 8 of 11
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Mine gets credited every statement cycle.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should get credited every month when the statement cuts. Example: if you spend $100 that month when the statement cuts it will be for $95. Then the next month you only spend $50 when the statement cuts you will owe $47.50, asuming you paid the previous balance and didnt accumulate interest. The main page will then show a yearly credit of $7.50. All of which has already been credited to you in its own respective months earned. They only show the yearly amount credited as an incentive for you to keep spending with them because you know exactly how much money you've "saved" this year by using their card.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.