cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Store Card Credit Builder

tag
SSTO
Valued Member

Re: Amazon secured store card by sync ??

I just applied and was offered the secured Store Card and I live in Connecticut and they pulled TransUnion for me. I have until May 2nd to make a deposit of anywhere from $100.00 to $500.00 dollars.

Message 41 of 62
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Store Card Credit Builder

I like the idea of the secured Amazon store card, that would definitely help a lot of folks that are rebuilding credit that can take advantage of this.  I’d like to see Chase and American Express offer secured versions of their cards.

Guyatthebeach

Message 42 of 62
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

I like the idea of the secured Amazon store card, that would definitely help a lot of folks that are rebuilding credit that can take advantage of this.  I’d like to see Chase and American Express offer secured versions of their cards.

Guyatthebeach

I can't see either Chase or Amex every offering a secured card.  They have positioned themselves as Premium cards will not want to dilute that image.   

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 43 of 62
texasbred71
New Contributor

I applied and was approved. Current scores in sig. I noticed that right now they will credit you $40 upon opening the account. Deposit is between $100 and $500. Gonna go for it and see how it goes with graduating to unsecured. They pulled TU for me here in Texas

Message 44 of 62
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

If Synch was smart, they would've introduced this idea with the Walmart card. It might've saved the portfolio for them.

Upon graduation, call the Synch India hotline and ask for $25,000! Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 62
JamP
Valued Contributor

My little brother applied for the regular card and was approved for the secured card.

The financing and 5% make the secured card amazing like the original and if it actually gradutates I would have jumped on this card when I first was rebuilding.

If I had to do it all over again I probably would have went with the Chase card though.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 46 of 62
joeydtx
Regular Contributor

Though there may be some hope, will start by saying that I was now comfortable with applying myself for the Amazon card, hoping to at least get in via the Secured version.  Seems that even the secured version can be declined, but in reference to the hope, will detail.

I applied a bit ago, with expectation to be putting up a security deposit for my new card to the point I had pulled my checking information and was ready to enter the information.  Then to my sadness, declined for both unsecured and secured... was a bit floored at this.  I really hoped this was my way back in for Amazon, as with my profile (Ch7, been a month over 2 years DCed) could get my Amazon shopping back.

Now, here is the bit of hope I mentioned, as I was expecting a EQ pull as they have done before so I did not bother unfreezing TU (EQ is fresh in terms of inquiry only 2 compared to 6 on TU but most are over a year).  My alert stated I got a hard attempt and blocked, and then a minute later EX sent me a hard inquiry notify.  Seems they were blocked from TU, but got it from EX... so the hope is if even possible that the decline was system since it couldnt grab TU, but they may now be reviewing as they got EX? 

Synch has never double pulled me before, but that is the ray of hope I have on it.  Anyone have an experience like that with them, possibly to raise the possiblity on my hypothesis lol?  Smiley Happy  Will keep it updated when I get a letter

~JD
Message 47 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

When your reports are frozen, it makes a lender wonder what you’re hiding so while they pulled EX after failing to pull TU, they likely weren’t even going to consider you if you were borderline at that point. My advice would be to wait 30 days and try with all your reports unfrozen since Sync won’t recon a denial. 

Message 48 of 62
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I got double pulled from Sync recently. Was actually kind of shocking but its part of the new Sync.
Message 49 of 62
joeydtx
Regular Contributor

Ahh, if that is the case then I guess I was waiting for a long shot if that is the case.  Oh well, maybe I will just wait a bit longer for all my old stuff to age off (2 years for the old) and try it then.  I just hope if they are now in the habit of double pull, they didn't develop a long memory like Chase/Citi Smiley Indifferent

~JD
Message 50 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.