Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Store Card Credit Builder

tag
joeydtx
Regular Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime Store Card Credit Builder

Just a followup, maybe it'll serve as a data point for Synchrony.  Sole reason for the denial was my BK, so I am guessing since I IIB they are not friendly to me.  They did pull both, and did not deny for being frozen on TU, so they went to EX is the guess since they list both on the letter.  No indication of secured on letter, possible slim chance something comes in the mail after, but I am not holding my breathe.

TU/EX - 657/661

IIB - post 2yrs, 1 month (closer to 2)

Unrelated to Amazon, they also denied my application for WalMart, citing the same reason of BK.  Guess we will try for Wally when Cap 1 taken them over, since they have been pretty awesome to me with 2x 2500 limit cards... one a week post and offered me the QS 7 months later.  As for Amazon, I can wait and try after it falls off in 2022.

~JD
Message 51 of 62
kiea
Frequent Contributor

I had the same issue. I've noticed most people have been able to get approved about 2 1/2 years after discharge. I plan on trying at the end of the summer. I'll keep you updated
Start of rebuild July 2021

January 2022
Message 52 of 62
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Just as another datapoint, I applied about a week and a half ago, expecting the secured card, and was approved for the unsecured card. They gave me a $1,500 limit.

They pulled TU. I don't have a FICO score for TU since my oldest account is about two months old. My FAKOs are low 600s. However, no derogs.

As a random aside, they also ask you to list NET income (most places ask for gross income). I wasn't sure what to list because I take out a lot for 401k and HSA, plus quite a bit in extra tax withholdings and an employee stock purchase program, but a lot of that is optional stuff I could end if I wanted to. So I answered based on gross income minus mandatory tax and other withholdings.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 53 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this actually report as a store card or just another regular revolving tradeline?

From what I gather from previous posts, the secured card does indeed do a hard pull?

I was hoping to avoid adding another hard pull by going the secured route.

Message 54 of 62
texasbred71
New Contributor

Mine reports as a secured credit card. Yes it was a HP.

Message 55 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone vouch for how the unsecured card reports? If it shows as a retail card or regular tradeline?

Message 56 of 62
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

Here is what I see in CK.

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 2.18.58 PM.png

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 57 of 62
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

2 1/2 Years AFTER BK?!?!
What's the point? 2 1/2 years after bk, there's NO Reason to consider secured cards of ANY type!
Jm2¢...

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 58 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

A curious question, does the Amazon Prime Store Card (non chase version) allow you to pay your prime subscription using the card itself? I like to have at least 1 reoccuring monthly charge on every card.

Message 59 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, you can and make sure update which payment method. I did it and it works

Message 60 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.