Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card Denied.......BS!

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Amazon Store Card Denied.......BS!

I applied for a Amazon Store card a few days ago and received the 7-10 message. Today, I receievd an email with a denial letter stating the reasons I was not approved. After reading about the card and member's experiences on this site and already having a GE CareCredit account in good standing for 5 years. that I would qualify for this accoount even at at low starting CL but I was wrong.

"Too few premium bankcard accounts" was a the reason they stated.....WTH! I have 2 Chase cards (SW & CSP), both with $5k limit!s among others! I know folks that was approved for this card with no premium cards and very low scores. The pulled TU which is my highest FICO close to 700.

Has anyone else had a similar denial experience of not having enough premium bankcard accounts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

Re: Amazon Store Card Denied.......BS!

Recon. 

It might be as simple as needing to verify your information. 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 2 of 6
learnin113
Established Contributor

Yes, sound like some BS generic letter to me.  Recon!

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@PrettyNPink wrote:

I applied for a Amazon Store card a few days ago and received the 7-10 message. Today, I receievd an email with a denial letter stating the reasons I was not approved. After reading about the card and member's experiences on this site and already having a GE CareCredit account in good standing for 5 years. that I would qualify for this accoount even at at low starting CL but I was wrong.

"Too few premium bankcard accounts" was a the reason they stated.....WTH! I have 2 Chase cards (SW & CSP), both with $5k limit!s among others! I know folks that was approved for this card with no premium cards and very low scores. The pulled TU which is my highest FICO close to 700.

Has anyone else had a similar denial experience of not having enough premium bankcard accounts?

GE is almost impossible to recon unless it's CareCredit or Lowes!

You can give it a try but I think GE's Computers that do the Amazon Store Card have been on the fritz... In Decemeber when I went on my GE Spree and some other cards I got Declined for GE and they HP all 3 Reports!!!

4-6 Months later when I was doing my CLI requests on the first round of GE accounts and I did another round of APPs with GE and hit up Amazon again and was instantly approved for $900 with TU pull only... Who knows, I hate calling, I hate the reps, but LOVe so many of the stores that they handle and my PayPal MC has just as good of rewards as my Partners Amex!  but it's GE so I have issues that he wouldn't dream of having at Amex (cost of mid line credit I suppose! or just ME! LOL

Wait 90 days and hit it again... who knows.

Message 4 of 6
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

So sorry to hear that.  But, I can say that Amazon has not been following along the lines of my other GE cards.  The increases have not been as often for automatic and I called to get an increase after 8months and was denied throught the automated system and rep.  The rep then says I'm going to connect you to another department and I was instantly approved for a $1400 increase.  Who knows wht's going on with themSmiley Surprised

It doesn't hurt to recon.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
Jlu
Established Contributor

Do you happen to have any lates or derogs with GECRB cards on your report? I too was denied for all GECRB products until I GW'd some 30-60 day lates from 2007.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.