Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card Lost or Stolen?

tag
3MV
New Contributor

Amazon Store Card Lost or Stolen?

I have lost my Amazon store card. It wasn't anything I ever carried with me, and somehow I have misplaced it when I moved a few months ago. When I logged in, and selected "report card lost or stolen", it gave m the following message:

There has been no activity posted to your account since your last statement.
The following actions will occur when you report your card lost or stolen:
•  This account will be closed, and all credit cards on this account will be closed to further purchases
•  A new account will be opened, and a new credit card(s) will be mailed to your address
•  These actions cannot be reversed once you select the Yes button below

Would you like to proceed with reporting your card lost or stolen?

How will this affect my credit score? I really don't want a hit to my AAoA....

Starting Score: 539 EQ 11/1/2011
Current Score: 648 EQ SW , 670 TU SW, 654 EX (MTG Pull 8/19/2013)

**It's a marathon not a sprint**
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amazon Store Card Lost or Stolen?

I didnt even think Amazon Store sent a real card just a piece of paper with account info. It wont hit AAoA, new acct is opened with orig open date.

Message 2 of 4
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I didnt even think Amazon Store sent a real card just a piece of paper with account info. It wont hit AAoA, new acct is opened with orig open date.

+1 

Yes, if they in fact close your acc because you report it lost or stolen, they just change the account number and mail you a new card and report it with the same original opening date, so no impact on your scores at all

Message 3 of 4
3MV
New Contributor

Thank you! I was thinking that is what would happen, but was not 100% sure. I didn't ever have a real card, just a flimsy paper thing (which is probably how I lost it).

Starting Score: 539 EQ 11/1/2011
Current Score: 648 EQ SW , 670 TU SW, 654 EX (MTG Pull 8/19/2013)

**It's a marathon not a sprint**
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.