cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card to Offer 5% Cash back on everyday purchases!

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Amazon Store Card to Offer 5% Cash back on everyday purchases!

I got the email today to upgrade too!

Thanks for the tip.

And this is the page I saw when I clicked my email.

Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 6.48.05 AM.png

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 71 of 156
Techno
Contributor

rip my amazon chase visa. you were once decent, now you are useless ;/

Message 72 of 156
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Techno wrote:

I feel the same way. I also misread that as a $149 cap on the purchases but it seems like it's really any purchase under that amount is covered under the 5% and in my case it would be unlimited. This just makes me more tempted to get a Freedom later and roll that Amazon Chase Visa limit to that card instead and just use Amazon Store again.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 73 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

I set my default over 150 to the 5% back
Message 74 of 156
AzaleaB
Established Contributor

@chalupaman wrote:

@Techno wrote:

I feel the same way. I also misread that as a $149 cap on the purchases but it seems like it's really any purchase under that amount is covered under the 5% and in my case it would be unlimited. This just makes me more tempted to get a Freedom later and roll that Amazon Chase Visa limit to that card instead and just use Amazon Store again.

That's what I am doing. Just got approved for Freedom. When the card arrives, will close my Amazon Visa and transfer the limit to the Freedom.

Starting Score: EX:570, 8/2011
Current
Scores(8/30/18):
EX08:850; EQ08:850,
TU08:847
Inqs(12 mo): EX/0, EQ/0, TU/0
Goal Scores: 800+
My Cards: BoA Rewards: 30K, Discover IT: 50K, Arrival : 13.3K, CDP: 30.1K, Amex PRG, Amex ED: 22.5K, Amex BCP: 20K, FU: 21K, CSR: 35K, Amazon Store: 20K, Macys:10K, Diners Club:40K
Message 75 of 156
RiotAct

Okay... I got the e-mail inviting me to upgrade my regular Amazon store card to the Prime card this morning.

My question is, will this count as a brand-new tradeline?  Or will the "Account Opened" date remain 11/14 since I opened the Amazon Store card last November?  Does anyone know

Message 76 of 156
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@RiotAct wrote:

Okay... I got the e-mail inviting me to upgrade my regular Amazon store card to the Prime card this morning.

My question is, will this count as a brand-new tradeline?  Or will the "Account Opened" date remain 11/14 since I opened the Amazon Store card last November?  Does anyone know

Nope. Same card and TL.

Message 77 of 156
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Guys with the Chase Amazon visa card might want to wait a few weeks before cancelling, they might beef the card up a bit in lieu of this?  Just a thought before opening another TL and rolling over the limit

Message 78 of 156
scorpio_queen02
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a current Amazon Prime (Student) member and do NOT have the store card.  When I click on the "apply" links that show up everywhere on the site, I'm sent to this:

I AM currently logged into my Amazon account and see the offer, so it should be there if you are a current Amazon Prime member.  If you aren't a Prime member the offer like this might not be showing up.

This card is now on my list - the 5% back will pay for my Amazon Prime membership (indirectly, because you can't actually pay the fees with the store card).

That's a great way to think about it

Message 79 of 156
Anonymous
Not applicable

This store card is almost never better than the Chase Amazon card...unless you spend a ton at Amazon. The Prime fee alone puts you in the hole by a sizable amount to begin with.

I'll stick to my DC and Discover cards for Amazon.

Message 80 of 156
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.