Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon/Synchrony Bank credit card

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Amazon/Synchrony Bank credit card

@Anonymous wrote:

How did they know I wanted it closed? We never got that far in the conversation. This is what I am saying. They do as they like. They closed it without any authorization from me. Yes, this is what I would have done had I got that far.

Once you're several months behind it's common for a creditor to close the account; at that point, it's not your choice.  This is especially common if it's a new account, and a payment has never been made.

Here are some numbers from the sticky thread for Synchrony/Credit Solutions... hopefully one will be able to help you:

Synchrony: (except WalMart): 866-419-4096
Synchrony: 866-519-6441 (Credit Analyst/Credit Solutions)
Credit Solutions 877-379-8173

Synchrony: 937-534-6180 ( Fraud Dept/locked account)

Message 41 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, do you have a number for that? And since they've closed the account I wonder if that will even work. God help me these people!!

Message 42 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

The BBB is my next stop.

facebook.com/search/top/?q=problems%20%20complaints%20about%20synchrony%20bank%20ge%20capital

Problems & Complaints about Synchrony Bank "GE Capital"        https://www.facebook.com/SynchronyBankProblems/?fref=nf

Thanks UncleB! Will check those numbers out.

Message 43 of 64
sgs71
Regular Contributor

1-866-634-8379 is the number for Amazon store card.  Yes, it will still find your account whether it is closed or not

Message 44 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No nothing from them...not even the card. I signed up in December to buy a small Christmas item and used the account online that one and only time. I did wait awhile to see if something would come in the mail or in email but nothing did. So that is when this whole thing started with people who cannot speak or understand English well. And it has snowballed from there. I was hoping that number that was posted would be the answer but it turned out to be a fax number.

You SHOULD have gotten a physical credit card in the mail....  Obviously, if you did not, then something happened which was completely beyond your control! Hopefully, they can make it right, since its not your fault.. I  didnt realilze, from  your original post, that you had gotten NOTHING from Sync. at all!

Message 45 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sgs71 wrote:

1-866-634-8379 is the number for Amazon store card.  Yes, it will still find your account whether it is closed or not

Thank you sgs71.

Message 46 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No nothing from them...not even the card. I signed up in December to buy a small Christmas item and used the account online that one and only time. I did wait awhile to see if something would come in the mail or in email but nothing did. So that is when this whole thing started with people who cannot speak or understand English well. And it has snowballed from there. I was hoping that number that was posted would be the answer but it turned out to be a fax number.

You SHOULD have gotten a physical credit card in the mail....  Obviously, if you did not, then something happened which was completely beyond your control! Hopefully, they can make it right, since its not your fault.. I  didnt realilze, from  your original post, that you had gotten NOTHING from Sync. at all!

I forgot to mention that. I was actually under the impression it was an online credit card meant only to be used for Amazon. Thanks.

Message 47 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

See I figured happygal had never received the actual card it makes sense now. I'm sorry I misunderstood that part
Message 48 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
See I figured happygal had never received the actual card it makes sense now. I'm sorry I misunderstood that part

And I was thinking the exact opposite!

Message 49 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

happygal is a little happier now. Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.