Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon (Synchrony) Maximum Credit Line?

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Amazon (Synchrony) Maximum Credit Line?

Thanks to the wealth of knowledge here, I found out about the overseas Credit Solutions phone method of getting Synchrony CLIs.  My Amazon Prime Store Card has been open about 5 years, and had an auto-CLI here and there, then 2 SP CLIs (and a few denials for trying again too soon) earlier this year when I first discovered this forum.  I called Credit Solutions and asked for $12,000 this fall, and after hearing the income script and verifying my annual income, I was put on a brief hold then approved for the full amount.

Last month, when I logged in to pay my bill, I thought I'd try the CLI button again and got the message that usually results in the "not enough experience with current limit" letter.  Instead, I received a letter that is very close in language to those of us who have hit the Kohl's ceiling of $3000:

Synchrony Bank has recently reviewed your request to increase the credit line on your Amazon.com Store Card Account.  We are not able to assign the credit line you requested because it exceeds the amount of increase our policy allows.  Your credit line as of the date of this letter is $12000.

I tried to search the forums, and didn't find this question being asked... What is the maximum CL for this card?  Is $12k the max (or higher than the max) just for website SP requests, or also for increasing through Credit Solutions?  Am I reading this wrong, and they just have a policy that they can only grant a certain limit of increases during a time period, but this may work for me again in the near future?  I did not request a specific amount, just did the usual type in annual income and hit the yellow button.  My Lowe's is $17k, and I know others here have Lowe's cards at $25k+ so I was just curious as to whether I really did hit the ceiling on this card.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amazon (Synchrony) Maximum Credit Line?

I don't think there is necessarily a hard maximum limit for this card.  I've seen some over $35k.  Like anything it's all relative to income, overall exposure, etc...  Mine is at $18k and I get the same verbiage as you about it exceeding the maximum increase amount.

Message 2 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Thank you for the response! I thought I had seen some significantly higher than mine around here.  May I ask if yours hit those numbers through CS phone call(s), and if so have you received any through the website since having a high limit?

Message 3 of 11
JamP
Valued Contributor

Thats the same verbage I get on my Sams club card. I really don't need anymore then 20k but always striving for more.

I may be pushing my luck on an amazon store card soon.

Thank you for the info.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 4 of 11
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

I don't think there is necessarily a hard maximum limit for this card.  I've seen some over $35k.  Like anything it's all relative to income, overall exposure, etc...  Mine is at $18k and I get the same verbiage as you about it exceeding the maximum increase amount.

I was getting the same letter for my Marvel MC which was at 25k (when requesting CLI online). Earlier this week I decided to call credit solutions - they essentially asked me what I wanted and I said 50k. They did the text message verification and then asked me to fax in a recent pay stub. I did that Tuesday and logged in today to see my new limit of 50k (wasn't expecting that). This is in addition to my 10k Amazon and 35k Sams Club MC with them. I am assuming they have a max ceiling across all accounts but not sure what that is. 

Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Wow, 50k Marvel, you may now become the ubiquitous " there was one poster who got 50k" lol. I think Syncs max limit is around 100k . Thats an amazing amount of credit to have but a huge responsiblity as well. May the gods of Asgaard look forever down upon thee with good grace UFGuy2006Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 11
JamP
Valued Contributor

That's amazing., how much income did you have to prove for a 50k Marvel card?

Are you worried about poking the bear?

Congratz on that milestone.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 7 of 11
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Income in the mid $200s. I used to be worried about that but over the years I've acquired cards from a number of issuers so I've adopted the mantra "Take me or leave me." :-) 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

Income in the mid $200s. I used to be worried about that but over the years I've acquired cards from a number of issuers so I've adopted the mantra "Take me or leave me." :-) 

Nice limit.  Max limit they'll extend across all cards is $100K so you're close

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I was getting the same letter for my Marvel MC which was at 25k (when requesting CLI online). Earlier this week I decided to call credit solutions - they essentially asked me what I wanted and I said 50k. They did the text message verification and then asked me to fax in a recent pay stub. I did that Tuesday and logged in today to see my new limit of 50k (wasn't expecting that). This is in addition to my 10k Amazon and 35k Sams Club MC with them. I am assuming they have a max ceiling across all accounts but not sure what that is. 

Congrats on the $50K CL UFGuy!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.