Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Synchrony account and Amazon purchasing account correlation

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Synchrony account and Amazon purchasing account correlation

Im about to miss a payment on my Amazon Sync account.. Nothing I can do about it as I became disabled at my job and haven't been approved for disability insurance yet. Will missing a payment adversly affect my Amazon purchasing account? I share the Prime membership with family and even though I won't be making any purchases, they might. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amazon Synchrony account and Amazon purchasing account correlation

I would call them ASAP and explain your situation.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that you should call them ASAP. May or may not help all that much but you never know. As for your Prime membership I don't think it will have any adverse consiquenses. Sync just handles the credit card accounts and as far as I know it has nothing to do with the day to day memebership operations. You may have to provide an alternative acount for them to charge for your yearly Prime fee though.

Speaking from personal experience, the process for Social Security Disability Insurance can be a long, long process. It took me about 2 years from the date of application until I received a favorable determination. Your age and type of injury can play into this of course but everyone I've talked to that has gone through the SSDI process gives about the same amount of time befe approval. Thankfully I opted for the Long Term Disability Insurance that me employer offered as it carried me while I went through the SSDI process. Just as an FYI so that you can plan accordingly.

Message 3 of 4
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree that you should call them ASAP. May or may not help all that much but you never know. As for your Prime membership I don't think it will have any adverse consiquenses. Sync just handles the credit card accounts and as far as I know it has nothing to do with the day to day memebership operations. You may have to provide an alternative acount for them to charge for your yearly Prime fee though.

Speaking from personal experience, the process for Social Security Disability Insurance can be a long, long process. It took me about 2 years from the date of application until I received a favorable determination. Your age and type of injury can play into this of course but everyone I've talked to that has gone through the SSDI process gives about the same amount of time befe approval. Thankfully I opted for the Long Term Disability Insurance that me employer offered as it carried me while I went through the SSDI process. Just as an FYI so that you can plan accordingly.

I was lucky in the fact that the company I worked for provided LTD and required me to file SSDI at their expense just in case I could not return. They even pay allsup to do the paperwork and file. All LTD beneficiaries are required to do so after 6 months to continue receiving benefits. After the also paid for and provided functional capacity exam, my SSDI was approved in the first round. I actually thought the FCE was to clear me to work, and it actually cleared me to receive SSDI. I have a permenantly damaged spinal cord due to extreme cervical stenosis. I badly wanted to go back to work.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.