Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Visa 18 month financing question

tag
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

Amazon Visa 18 month financing question

I'm looking at buying an iPhone on Amazon, and was thinking of using the Amazon Visa for 0% financing.  Aside from missing out on my 5% cashback, are there any other downsides?  

I've never carried a balance on this card before as I always pay in full each month.  Will the financing make me lose my grace period each month since there would be a balance there?  I doubt that I want to stretch it out for the full 18 months, but it would be nice to not have to pay in full for awhile.  Some of those phones are pretty expensive!  But I don't want it to start accruing interest right away when I make future Amazon purchases before the iPhone is paid off.

Can someone who has used this feature before tell me how it works?  Can I PIF the rest of my purchases for that month + the iPhone payment amount and still keep the grace period?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazon Visa 18 month financing question

I think that I found the answer to my own question.  The financing option on the Amazon page for the iPhone had a hyperlink with more details.  After a few clicks, I went to this page:

https://www.chase.com/personal/credit-cards/interest-saving-balance/amazon

It looks like you can indeed pay off the rest of your purchases made that month, plus your monthly promotional payment and still maintain zero interest!

Message 2 of 3
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Amazon Visa 18 month financing question

Just keep on top of it.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.