cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon and Lowes closed to return payment!!!

tag
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazon and Lowes closed to return payment!!!

Seriously? You bounced 2 checks in 3 months and you are wondering why they closed your account?Smiley Very Happy That what I call money management.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 11 of 44
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Middleswarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

nope .. 1st was in june and 2nd is for august payment... if i know they going to closed my account because of that i rather be late on payment ..

Seriously?  You bounced 2 checks in 3 months and you are wondering why they closed your account?

My thoughts exactly. Smiley Wink

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 12 of 44
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Banks are being very skiddish especially in this economy.
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 44
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MarcinXP wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Unbelievable that Amazon increase from $900 to $2100 and Lowes increase from $2500 to $3800 and they just closed my account today because I have return payment twice for inssufficant fund, man being a loyal consumer for almost 2yr with a perfect payment and closed my account just return check twice!! so who ever got GE Capital retain card make sure u have fund in your account .. if your check return 2 time they will automatic closed your account even thou you reposted the payment with fund in your account..

I hate to be nitpicky..but highlighted sentence does not make sense. You can't have a perfect payment history if you have returned payments twice.

From GE's side they see you as a risk. Twice now in last 3 months you bounced a check which to them signals that you have very low funds in your bank or are irresponsible and cannot maintain a checking account. They are trying to secure themselves and closed your account so you don't buy things and perhaps default. They treated you well and increased your limits when you were low risk, now that you appear high risk they took adverse action.

Banks tend to do that when things happen, just as a cable company will quickly disconnect your cable for a bounced check. Like other poster said, just be glad they did not charge your returned check fees or did they?

I agree, Why did you bounce 2 checks? How did that happen?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 44
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Is this tannerK posting under a new handle, to try and get a laugh out of us?

2 checks - bounced - and we are in shock?

Now THAT'S funny Smiley Very Happy

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 15 of 44
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Yes omg you can't bounce checks to your cc companies. That is bad. I did this once with chase, because of a mistyped account number. They shut my account down, I had to recon and explain how I typed a digit wrong from iphone. You should definately not bounce payments
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 16 of 44
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Yes omg you can't bounce checks to your cc companies. That is bad. I did this once with chase, because of a mistyped account number. They shut my account down, I had to recon and explain how I typed a digit wrong from iphone. You should definately not bounce payments

You shouldn't bounce checks ever, haha. 

I could totally understand OP being upset if the return payments were due to bank error (mistyping account or routing number) but if you're just stiffing them on payments it's your own fault. Smiley Tongue 

Message 17 of 44
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Cmon every single one of us would be mad if something like this ever happens but bouncing payments is something.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 18 of 44
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:
Cmon every single one of us would be mad if something like this ever happens but bouncing payments is something.

yeah, mad at myself. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 19 of 44
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Well ya I would be mad at a company who closed my account, but if I had been bouncing payments I would understand why they closed my account. I was upset when chase closed my account... But I'm glad they reopened it when they realized it was a typo
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.