Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon prime store card, how long should I wait to ask for CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon prime store card, how long should I wait to ask for CLI

So filed for bankruptcy back in December, discharged in March 2017. Since filing I applied for nothing and only had School loans in deferment on my credit.

Did the shopping cart trick the beginning of September to see what happened and got Kohl’s, C21, boscovs, VS, overstock, PayPal credit line and pier one. I’m also an authorized user on my husbands cap1 since for whatever reason they won’t approve me bc they can’t verify income? Idk

Out of the blue I decided to apply for Walmart as I saw synchrony is usually forgiving 6months post BK. Got approved for 500. Decided to test my luck and do amazon since I buy EVERYTHING on there, got approved for 1200 and **bleep** near fainted.

Long story short with Christmas coming up, I wanted to see if I could get an increase so I don’t risk messing with my credit utilization. If I wait until mid November to request, what do u think my chances are? Scores are around 630-645 right now. Currently I put 400 on the card just to get some usage out of it and I plan to start making payments on that next week.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon prime store card, how long should I wait to ask for CLI

Congrats on your progress. 

I would lay low for a bit on any more activity, cli included. Your profile is stacked with Comenity and Sync cards. If they shut you down, it would wipe you out. As far as utilization, don't depend on your cards this holiday to carry balances. Only charge what you can immediately pay off. 

Only let 1-2 cards report and pay off once statement cuts. 

Rinse and repeat. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had my Amazona store card for about 3 months maybe less and i went from 600 to 2000 via chat function.  used card once, let bill cut and paid it off.

Message 3 of 10
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

I think for CLI's it's a YMMV.  I was told 2 months or something but I think mine was more like 5 months.  It did go though from $800-$3500.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Amazon Store card in May with TU FICO08 under 640.  

My TU went to 680 last month so I got on chat and requested $5000 and they didn't even pause before telling me it was approved. Showed up instantly on the website.

I should have asked for $10,000!  Will do that around Christmas time when my TU is hopefully over 700.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys for the advice!
Message 6 of 10
thummel
Established Contributor

I'd give it atleast two months from account opening date and then call Robo lady and ask her for 25K. Iv been doing this with my synchrony cards and it's been working really well for myself.
Message 7 of 10
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't ask for an increase at all! I have had my card for awhile now and I have never asked for a CLI....I went from $500 and I am now at $4800 and I have never asked for a CLI.

Message 8 of 10
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Even you were surprised when you received the $1,200 cl, so go with your gut feeling. It sounds like you have a lot of other new credit as well. With your current scores I would not go poking the bear. Reviews for CL increases can go both ways and I would hate to see you get adverse action from Synchrony by trying to get a higher CL. Like CountryLivin explained, use the card and let the increases come with time and initiated by Synchrony.

If your interest rate is the same as mine (26.99%) I hope you are not carrying a balance that is charging interest. Use the card for the 5% off and pay that thing off in full. I will occasionally use the 0% offer but ensure that gets paid off well ahead of the expiration on 0% financing (When all of that defered interest can come back with a vengence).

I use YNAB as my families budget program and it has been a great way to not generate new debt. Good luck!

Message 9 of 10
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

"... Currently I put 400 on the card just to get some usage out of it and I plan to start making payments on that next week."

I encourage you to save before you purchase stuff "just to get some usage" and make "payments". Everyones goal is to not carry a balance. Those interest rates are killers. Good luck!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.