Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon prime visa and fraud detections

tag
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Amazon prime visa and fraud detections

Morning all
Was looking into the Prime Visa with Chase and I haven't found any threads here addressing what seems to be what I found most in the low reviews for the card. Have you fine MF'rs had much experience with normal transactions being flagged as fraud and having the card declined? This would be my main reason for not apping this card so any and all insight is much appreciated!
Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amazon prime visa and fraud detections

MorningSmiley Happy. Honestly if that was such an issue with this card, im sure we would read more sbout it here , which i rarely see so i think you are good to go unless you are thinking of buying things you feel would be flagged for fraud by their very nature?
Message 2 of 27
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

AJC returns! I did a happy dance when you decided to hang around and not leave. Thats fair enough, I was mostly worried because all the most recent reviews were low citing over zealous fraud alerts. Though i suppose most people only leave reviews when they had a 10/10 experience or a 1/10 haha. Unless chase goes "you know we also have a starbucks card get that instead" I think I'll be ok in that department
Amex Platinum
Ficos 8's ~790
Message 3 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, indeed, seem to have some of my mojo backSmiley Wink. Even though i dislike Chase, i do regert , i love that wordSmiley Wink, closing my Prime Visa too soonSmiley Sad. Having a metal Siggy was cool and the card is actually nicesince you can physically use it unlike Sync Store card. Reviews on the net are usually skewed especially on credit cards. Most people if they have a problem figure the only way to get their revenge is by writing a bad review. Sometimes you have to find out for yourself but good to ask questions first, especially now that Amy is 5/24Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 27
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Thats why i come here! MyFico over all- one of us-one of us lol.
Im 1/24 currently with scores all between 790-810 but my BCP that i got in May hasent started reporting yet. I feel like im in a rock and a hard place though as I have a student loan to take out this summer for my last year of college. So my trigger finger says get it now before AMEX reports and i lose more points but the reasonable side of me says no child wait till you take out the loan and theeen try for it
Amex Platinum
Ficos 8's ~790
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the card for around three years now, and never had an issue using it anywhere.

I have a feeling that there is some missing info on some of these reviews that people leave. I was reading a one star review the other day about an unrelated card where the reviewer was angry because her new card was declined when purchasing a couple hundred dollars in gift cards. I can absolutely see that happening, and it makes perfect sense. I wonder how many other bad reviews also have details like this left out.

Message 6 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have no idea about Student loans but im guessing if that reports thats more so called debt on your report so if it were me, being 1/24, and Amex not reporting, id go for it now and let it have a kid brother to grow up with lol. Your score is great so you should be a shoe in haha. Good luck if you go for it, it will be a good card to haveSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 27
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Thanks AJC always a pleasure.
And i agree Brad, i guess it goes back to people only leave reviews normally under the best or worst circumstances. If you look at the prime card the most recent review is from an "underwriter at another bank" who is livid about being charged interest on the entire statement balance rather than outstanding balance she forgot to pay off
Amex Platinum
Ficos 8's ~790
Message 8 of 27
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I stopped using Chase cards for a while because of fraud alerts. I had fraud alert twice while in the same store. I even called after the first one, but it happened again within minutes 

So, that's not Amazon card things, it's overzealous fraud dept thing for some people. Others have no problems at all 

It has stopped even for me, so if that card fits your spending, dont worry about Amazon reviews. 

Message 9 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, you'd think an " underwriter" would understand these things better than most of us SmhSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.