Super Contributor

Re: America first fcu

Smiley LOL
Message 11 of 20
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been using them as my primary for 9 years. Absolutely pleased, but I'm not sure what you guys would want to know?

They don't have any good rewards cards but their low APR Visa platinum seems great for those times when someone needs to carry a balance.

Thanks for posting. Are they generous with limits?

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been using them as my primary for 9 years. Absolutely pleased, but I'm not sure what you guys would want to know?

They don't have any good rewards cards but their low APR Visa platinum seems great for those times when someone needs to carry a balance.

Thanks for posting. Are they generous with limits?

Not that I've seen from my own experience, or that of my family members who also bank with them but YMMV. The main selling points to me are low auto loan APRs and the low APR on their Visa Platinum, which I think can have as low as 6.99% APR.

Message 13 of 20
galahad15
Valued Contributor

After taking a look at the American First FCU cc rates, all I can say is meh - lol, j/k  Smiley Tongue  To be fair, while the rates themselves are impressive, you can still potentially get better rates at Western/Unify FCU (variable-rate card as low as 5.24% V, also option for fixed-rate card as low as 8.99% F publicly advertised).

Message 14 of 20
ddemari
Super Contributor

I took a look at their application. And after you enter all the info and keep progressing on the pages, it asks you about products and you select and at the bottom it says, a representative will call you about these products. I immediately shut down my applicaiton which I was going to probably do anyways but that helped a lot. 

Message 15 of 20
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I did the same thing. I don't want any sales calls.
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 16 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:
Haha I feel ya. But, you found it. Sooooo, you know the drill. Smiley Happy Where's Finstar? Maybe we can talk him into being our GP. LOL

Oh dear.  I just don't know Smiley Very Happy   I'm thinking they will laugh and issue me one for $500, you know... the risk is....well, huge for them Smiley Tongue  I'm gonna ponder on this one.  Any more GP's?   Does this one quack? LOL

Message 17 of 20
baller4life
Super Contributor

Lmao. Well they have 7 times more assets than OCCU. Sooo I doubt they quack lol. But you're right. Your massive portfolio might scare the hell out of them. Smiley LOL
Message 18 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:
Lmao. Well they have 7 times more assets than OCCU. Sooo I doubt they quack lol. But you're right. Your massive portfolio might scare the hell out of them. Smiley LOL

I'm going to do a little research on this one and see what I can come up.  I can always entertain a circus!! Smiley Very Happy  Yes, on the surface, it doesn't appear like the quacks of OCCU.

Message 19 of 20
Creditfan1234
Contributor

This is a huge CU in Utah, almost everyone get's an Auto loan through them or one that is called Mountain America CU. They are pretty much the same thing and i believe they have the same or close to the same amount in assets. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.