Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Airlines Aviator Red Chances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Airlines Aviator Red Chances?

Hello myFico team, 

I'm looking to add the AA Red Aviator cards to my wallet. I have 719 TU, 637 EQ, 652 EX and 2.5k in available credit spead over 5 cards. I have no collections, credit card debt, and 10k in student loans ( in good standing). Also, my length of credit is 3.8 years. What do you think my chances are of getting this card? 

I'm really looking to add a serious travel rewards card to my wallet, all I have rightnow is a Quicksilver card ($500). 

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Airlines Aviator Red Chances?

Barclays pulled TU for my Arrival+ and I believe they pull TU regularly for everyone. With your TU score the highest of the 3, you may have a decent chance. My highest CL was $1000 before getting the Arrival+ from Barclay.

EDIT: Are you looking for a general Travel Rewards or do you just fly and exclusively use AA?  

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply! I think I can wait until all of my credit inquries are a year old, which will be in September. Do you think that will help my chances?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I think I can wait until all of my credit inquries are a year old, which will be in September. Do you think that will help my chances?

How many inq do you have on TU currently?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 that will all expire mid september. 

Message 5 of 11
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You might want to wait for bump on Eq and Ex. Yes, they will pull TU, but they can SP Eq and Ex. Barclays is very conservative.

Message 6 of 11
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Why are EQ and EX lagging so far behind? 

One thing to note: While Barclays does indeed almost exclusively HP TU, when I applied in January of this year they also SP'ed EX at the same time (and have SP'ed EX a couple of times since then, too) - so they will see your other scores and whatever is holding them down. 

(Edit: dangit, got beat while typing! :/) 

Message 7 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

They wont expire when they are a year old. They will simply no longer be scorable 

Each lender decides how far back they look. Inquiries stay on your CR for 24-25 (thanks EX) months, so they are visible to the lenders that whole time. 

With that said, 3 inquiries are not excessive in my opinion. 

The biggest obstacle i see for you is having only one open credit card with low limit. Barclay is not particularly kind to thin files and short history with revolving credit. 

Have you asked for CLI on your QS? 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They wont expire when they are a year old. They will simply no longer be scorable 

Each lender decides how far back they look. Inquiries stay on your CR for 24-25 (thanks EX) months, so they are visible to the lenders that whole time. 

With that said, 3 inquiries are not excessive in my opinion. 

The biggest obstacle i see for you is having only one open credit card with low limit. Barclay is not particularly kind to thin files and short history with revolving credit. 

Have you asked for CLI on your QS? 

I believe he said he has 5 open, but only one that offers rewards (QS1 w/$500 Limit). 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually have 5 cards with a combined credit limit of 2.5k, the oldest is 1 year and 3 mos. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.