Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Eagle Visa

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: American Eagle Visa

I would log in to your current AE online account and see what credit card account you see.  If you only see the old one, then that means most likely you have 2 now... if you see 2, there you go also... or if you see the new visa and no store, then that is your answer also... otherwise I would probably just way for card and activate it on your account online and see what comes up.

Message 11 of 24
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats!!!! They upgraded my AE store card into Visa about a month. They also increased CL from $2500 to $3500.  They closed my AE card and I lost the credit history.

Ron.

Message 12 of 24
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would log in to your current AE online account and see what credit card account you see.  If you only see the old one, then that means most likely you have 2 now... if you see 2, there you go also... or if you see the new visa and no store, then that is your answer also... otherwise I would probably just way for card and activate it on your account online and see what comes up.

I logged in, and it tells me to click on which account I want to manage, so it shows both (VISA and the regular AE card). I suppose I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and see whether or not my store card will close, see if I can keep it open, etc.

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 13 of 24
Ron1
Super Contributor

@WallyxD wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I logged in, and it tells me to click on which account I want to manage, so it shows both (VISA and the regular AE card). I suppose I'll give them a call tomorrow morning and see whether or not my store card will close, see if I can keep it open, etc.

You need to enter last 3 digit number on the back of your card to access your Visa account. 

Ron.

Message 14 of 24
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@WallyxD wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

You need to enter last 3 digit number on the back of your card to access your Visa account. 

Ron.

Just saw your last message, thank you Smiley Happy

And yes, I won't have that card for 5-7 days.

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

Message 15 of 24
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Is there way to call to PC to Visa with a SP or do you HAVE to have that message pop up when you login to Pay Your Bill through the store card?

Message 16 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Rackham94 wrote:

Is there way to call to PC to Visa with a SP or do you HAVE to have that message pop up when you login to Pay Your Bill through the store card?

There is no method to PC your current GECRB store card to either their Visa, MC, AMEX or Discover versions.  Your account has to be elegible for the upgrade.  If an individual's credit profile is fairly above-average (based on GECRB's underwriting standards for the specific product); then one would qualify for the co-branded product bypassing the store version altogether.

Message 17 of 24
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

When I called them to see if they HP'd, the csr wasn't too friendly, and said of course, because it was like you filled out a different app, then proceeded to rush me off the phone, for whatever reason. So based on what she told me, I would say no, I don't think it's possible to PC with a SP.

Message 18 of 24
Rackham94
Established Contributor

@WallyxD wrote:

@Rackham94 wrote:

When I called them to see if they HP'd, the csr wasn't too friendly, and said of course, because it was like you filled out a different app, then proceeded to rush me off the phone, for whatever reason. So based on what she told me, I would say no, I don't think it's possible to PC with a SP.

Did you close your Store Card? Well when I applied I only had a Cap1 Journey Card

Message 19 of 24
Ron1
Super Contributor

They will close your AE store card.

Ron.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.