Did you mean: 

American Eagle Visa

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: American Eagle Visa

@WallyxD wrote:

@Rackham94 wrote:

Is there way to call to PC to Visa with a SP or do you HAVE to have that message pop up when you login to Pay Your Bill through the store card?

When I called them to see if they HP'd, the csr wasn't too friendly, and said of course, because it was like you filled out a different app, then proceeded to rush me off the phone, for whatever reason. So based on what she told me, I would say no, I don't think it's possible to PC with a SP.

Correct.  It appears that your credit profile improved (score/history, etc.) since you obtained the store card and qualified for their co-branded version.  Hence, it is likely you will have the two accounts (store and Visa) and you can decide whether to keep both open or close the store version.  Unfortunately, the limits cannot be combined.  Additionally, with an upgraded promotion, the store version is automatically closed and any existing balance (if applicable) is transferred to the co-branded account.
Message 21 of 24
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Oh okay so when if I want to change it to a Visa I just app for it and it would auto close my Store Card

Message 22 of 24
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Rackham94 wrote:

Oh okay so when if I want to change it to a Visa I just app for it and it would auto close my Store Card

If you apply and qualify, you will be approved for the co-branded version.  Otherwise, it's been known individuals have been approved for another store version.  The credit tier criteria qualification for the co-branded version is higher and depends on the product (i.e. AEO vs GAP etc).  The store card will not be automatically closed.

Message 23 of 24
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@WallyxD wrote:

@Rackham94 wrote:

Is there way to call to PC to Visa with a SP or do you HAVE to have that message pop up when you login to Pay Your Bill through the store card?

When I called them to see if they HP'd, the csr wasn't too friendly, and said of course, because it was like you filled out a different app, then proceeded to rush me off the phone, for whatever reason. So based on what she told me, I would say no, I don't think it's possible to PC with a SP.

Correct.  It appears that your credit profile improved (score/history, etc.) since you obtained the store card and qualified for their co-branded version.  Hence, it is likely you will have the two accounts (store and Visa) and you can decide whether to keep both open or close the store version.  Unfortunately, the limits cannot be combined.  Additionally, with an upgraded promotion, the store version is automatically closed and any existing balance (if applicable) is transferred to the co-branded account.

Thank you for the info. Again, I'm positive the associate didn't tell me everything I needed to know when I got approved, so I'll call customer service one last time, just so that I have a better grip on everything.

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.