Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express 100,000 Membership Reward Prequal Offer

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express 100,000 Membership Reward Prequal Offer

@xenon3030 wrote:

Can you mention some good perks exclusively for Platinum but not PRG?

If they can cover the AF of Platinum, I might go for the Platinum before the end of the year and I would close PRG before its annual due in the next year.

Umm... all of them?

Message 31 of 52
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

There are different AmEx pre-qualified offers.  The most famous ones are from the "Check for Offers".  You type in your info, AmEx soft pulls your info and present with the card offers.  This is legit and approval is almost certain.  Some folks received the Plat 100k this way.

The 2nd type of pre-qualify is from things like: https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/tools/25330?linknav=us-CCSG-ProspectNav-SpecialOffers...  They are also legit pre-qualified offers.  But they tend to be average offers.  I do not think 100K Plat was ever offered this way.  You'll likely see 60K plat offer.

The last type is that, you login and click each new card offer.  You'll most likely see something like pre-approved.  But those are not legit.  This happens with almost all cards after you already login.

Message 32 of 52
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Have this on every Amex Personal Card that I don't already have.  If you are an Amex card holder aready it is a SP whether approved or denied so no harm or no foul.  Looks pretty legit to me.  I have yet to be denied an Amex card, but had to look at saw this on each card I clicked on.  I didn't look to see if it was a firm APR

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 1.57.23 PM.png

Message 33 of 52
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@xenon3030 wrote:

Can you mention some good perks exclusively for Platinum but not PRG?

If they can cover the AF of Platinum, I might go for the Platinum before the end of the year and I would close PRG before its annual due in the next year.

For PRG, I only received the $100 airline credit.  This offsets the $195 AF (waived first year).  So it is a $95 AF card.

For Platinum, I can fully use the $200 airline credit and $200 Uber credit.  So it is a $150 AF card.  I've used:

Hilton Gold

SPG Gold

Global Entry/TSA

Free Boingo Wi-Fi (SPG has it too)

Airport lounge access

PRG does not offer any of the travel perks.....

Message 34 of 52
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Have this on every Amex Personal Card that I don't already have.  If you are an Amex card holder aready it is a SP whether approved or denied so no harm or no foul.  Looks pretty legit to me.  I have yet to be denied an Amex card, but had to look at saw this on each card I clicked on.  I didn't look to see if it was a firm APR

Screen Shot 2017-12-03 at 1.57.23 PM.png

To me, this is the #3 AmEx pre-qualify offers I mentioned.  This happens to almost all AmEx cards after you login.  Some are not legit and can be declined.  We may have so many cards open.  Or the credit lines get extended.....

Message 35 of 52
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Type #1 AmEx Pre-Q offers.  Legit and certain:

Check for Offer.PNG

9-16-2017 1-18-06 AM.jpg

Plat 100k Offer 2.png

Message 36 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not everyone gets the “name you are pre-approved” message on that screen.......I think that’s where the confusion comes in. Sometimes it says “name I can’t remember the verbiage”.

But every time I’ve apped with the “name you are pre-approved”, I’ve been approved. That makes it legit to me. 

Message 37 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

Type #1 AmEx Pre-Q offers.  Legit and certain:

Check for Offer.PNG

9-16-2017 1-18-06 AM.jpg

Plat 100k Offer 2.png

Posters have been denied from this screen as well. While they are normally pretty solid, they are not certain. 

Message 38 of 52
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

AmEx Type #2 Pre-Q offers.  Login in, then use:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/tools/25330?linknav=us-CCSG-ProspectNav-SpecialOffers...

It gives pre-q legit offers.  They are average.

Offers 2.PNG

Message 39 of 52
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Not everyone gets the “name you are pre-approved” message on that screen.......I think that’s where the confusion comes in. Sometimes it says “name I can’t remember the verbiage”.

But every time I’ve apped with the “name you are pre-approved”, I’ve been approved. That makes it legit to me. 

Yes, this is the hard one and you get the best offers.  It is almost certain.  I was never declined.

Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.