Did you mean: 

American Express 100,000 Membership Reward Prequal Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express 100,000 Membership Reward Prequal Offer

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Not everyone gets the “name you are pre-approved” message on that screen.......I think that’s where the confusion comes in. Sometimes it says “name I can’t remember the verbiage”.

But every time I’ve apped with the “name you are pre-approved”, I’ve been approved. That makes it legit to me. 

Yes, this is the hard one and you get the best offers.  It is almost certain.  I was never declined.

I’m referring to the screen CC posted, the one you stated was not legit. That screen has been solid for me.

Message 41 of 52
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Justagirl73 wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Not everyone gets the “name you are pre-approved” message on that screen.......I think that’s where the confusion comes in. Sometimes it says “name I can’t remember the verbiage”.

But every time I’ve apped with the “name you are pre-approved”, I’ve been approved. That makes it legit to me. 

Yes, this is the hard one and you get the best offers.  It is almost certain.  I was never declined.

I’m referring to the screen CC posted, the one you stated was not legit. That screen has been solid for me.

It is totally opposite with me.  The few best offers I received are all approved since they are pre-screened.  If I login and click and of the cards, it always say "you are pre-approved".  But I've had some cards declined this way (not me personally).  They say "get a decision in 30 seconds).

Message 42 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe you can also check what cards you are pre-qualified by logging in and browsing through their cards. Hit apply and if it's a pre-qualified offer it'll say something like.

"(Your name), You are pre-approved!"

otherwise, it'll say something like "extending your membership is easy just apply" (I don't exactly remember the wording). 

This is not true.  If you go to "Check for Offers" at the front page, those are the true pre-qualified offers, very legit.  You are already soft pulled.  

But if login first and click any card offer, all will show you are pre-qualified.  This happens with almost any card.  But some of the cards can be declined.  There is no credit check here.

Now that I'm a member, I don't have a check for offers link anymore.  

Message 43 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can still check for offers its just different for everyone. For me it'll flat out say there are no offers. For my girlfriend however it'll prompt her to log in. Then it'll say she's pre-approved for every card when browsing through. 

Message 44 of 52
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can still check for offers its just different for everyone. For me it'll flat out say there are no offers. For my girlfriend however it'll prompt her to log in. Then it'll say she's pre-approved for every card when browsing through. 

The "Check for Offers" is very tricky.  But you get the best offers.  After you login and check, as you said, it says you are approved for every card you see.  But clearly it is not true.

Message 45 of 52
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I'm seeing the 75K offer on Plat pretty consistently in Incognito mode now.  I wasn't seeing that before.

Also seeing 25K ED and 50K Delta Gold.

Message 46 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

100k offer popped up for me as well, unfortunetly I cannot meet min spend right now Smiley Sad

I hope the offers will last for a few months, I really want this card and 100k MR's would be awesome when I travel this spring. 

Message 47 of 52
xenon3030
Valued Contributor

Would it be a SP, if already having some other AMEX CCs?

Fico8: EX~EQ~TU~810 (12 month goal~840).
BOA (CCR, UCR), Chase (CFF, CSP, Amazon, CIC, CIU), US Bank (Cash+, AR, Go, Ralphs), Discover, Citi (CCC, DC, SYW), Amex (BCP, HH, Biz Gold, BBC, BBP), Affinity CR, Cap1(Walmart), Barclay View.
Message 48 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

New with Amex, 710 EX FICO 8, got a $2000 BCP cold app as no prequalifications ever.

Finally got around to checking the website logged in and "pre-approved" for Delta Reserve, Hilton Honors, etc.  NOT pre-approved for Platinum which is the only other card I'd want -- just tells me I can "extend" or whatever.  I'll keep watching it since I don't want to app for that card until March or after anyway.  My next travel spend season begins in March and I'll have over $2000 in airfare to book over a few weeks so may as well get my $40 from it.

Not sure how often they update the prequals, but I'll check monthly just after my FICO score is updated (was around November 25th I believe this time).  My FICO score isn't estimated to move at all until 5-6 months from now.

Message 49 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm new with amex, so finding see them giving me a platinum even without then100k offer.   Not that I want a 550 AF anyways. I am curious tho, does it have a min yearly spend on it?  I thought I heard that once but wanted to know if that's the case

Message 50 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.