Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express APR Reduction

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express APR Reduction

I just finished chatting with AMEX online, and  I was pleasantly surprised that they lowered my APR on my BCP from 21.99% to 17.24%. My cash advance APR did not change however, from 25.24%. I've had the card for a year and five months.

How often is AMEX usually willing to give an APR reduction? Are they willing to lower the APR on multiple cards at the same time? I have an ED 21.99% that is a year and two months old, and a Delta 19.24% that's a month old. I definitely don't want to spook them in any way by asking for multiple APR reductions or asking too frequently.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express APR Reduction

I don't know the answer to any of your questions because I'm still fairly new to Amex, but congratulations on the APR reduction!

Message 2 of 3
iCoop
Regular Contributor

Re: American Express APR Reduction

OP this is already being discussed here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-APR-reduced-UPDATE-lowered-more/td-p/4087206

Yes, you can request a reduction on multiple cards at the same time. I just did it earlier today.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.