cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Application Status "In Progress".

tag
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

Re: American Express Application Status "In Progress".

@score_building wrote:

'In Progress' generally indicates an application is being processed/reviewed, a neutral status, which may result in an approval or denial.  Nice looking card, GL!

Thank you! I hope I get it, if I do, I will make an oath to only use that card for ALL my purchases. 

Message 11 of 32
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

here is a card application status link from the American Express website

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do?

Not sure if it apples to the MB cards also.

Thanks for the site! I tried it and still says "In Progress". My heart skips a beat when the page loads.

Message 12 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

No prob! now you can check back frequently! LOL

I got a Gold card no problem. Applicaiton approved instantly.

When I applied for BLUE, I got the in progress message. I was like, HUH? I ended up getting approved. Don't know my CL. The card has not arrived yet.

Message 13 of 32
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No prob! now you can check back frequently! LOL

I got a Gold card no problem. Applicaiton approved instantly.

When I applied for BLUE, I got the in progress message. I was like, HUH? I ended up getting approved. Don't know my CL. The card has not arrived yet.

Haha I wish I applied for the Gold card instead of the Zync! How long did you wait before you were approved? And when did you apply? From the pattern I see, generally MOST people end up getting approved when it goes "In Progress"? I was instantly approved for Zync but this has put it to the test. I really hope I get this card!

Message 14 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was less  than a week.

Message 15 of 32
PNut08
New Contributor

I applied online probably 3 days ago and I got the "in progress" message, too, and that it would take up to 2 weeks. I checked the online status, but I don't they updated on Friday. I applied for the costco true earnings and from what I understand they have to send the app to costco first so it could take longer.

If the application isn't successful then I would usually expect an insta denied. I do hate waiting though because it makes me feel like I'm going to be denied since the app wasn't insta approved.

Message 16 of 32
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

Mine was "processing" at least a week before I got an approval (different Amex).

Smiley Surprised really? So the "In Progress" is a good thing? With my luck though, you never know, haha. Which AmEx card did you apply for?

Untill it says "DECLINED" LOL

Message 17 of 32
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@PNut08 wrote:

I applied online probably 3 days ago and I got the "in progress" message, too, and that it would take up to 2 weeks. I checked the online status, but I don't they updated on Friday. I applied for the costco true earnings and from what I understand they have to send the app to costco first so it could take longer.

If the application isn't successful then I would usually expect an insta denied. I do hate waiting though because it makes me feel like I'm going to be denied since the app wasn't insta approved.

Yep, the trick with the Costco AmEx is to apply in a Costco store, so that they know and can verify that you're a member. You find out then and there if AmEx approves you, and if they do, they give you a temporary card (pass? anyway, you can charge with it), and the card comes maybe a week afterwards.

If you apply via AmEx, you have a longer wait time so that they can verify with Costco that you're a member, and THEN they print the card and send it out.

Good luck!

edit: cna't splel

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 32
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

@minimock wrote:

@grigorexxxcore wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

Mine was "processing" at least a week before I got an approval (different Amex).

Smiley Surprised really? So the "In Progress" is a good thing? With my luck though, you never know, haha. Which AmEx card did you apply for?

Until it says "DECLINED" LOL

Haha! That's the point I'm trying to make! It seems like everyone who goes through with the "In Progress" experience ends up getting approved? But with my luck, who knows! 

Message 19 of 32
minimock
Frequent Contributor

I have a thread on here earlier in the month, it took two weeks for them to decline me for the second time. I have visited the application status page MANY times lol.

I hate AMEX, but I do live by the creed "He who does not expecteth is never disapointed" Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.