cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express BCP/Chase INK Odds?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: American Express BCP/Chase INK Odds?

Yes they would backdate it to 2012.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 25
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Creditseeker93 wrote:

.....but I hear charge card accounts aren't as good as having credit card revolving accounts, which is why I wanted the Ink Plus. 

As for the AMEX, I really didn't want to reduce my AAoA opening multiple AMEX accounts (especially the green), but if that helps I guessing I'll try that since I ultimately do want the BCP. Would AMEX backdate member since date, since I've been an AU on an AMEX BCE since May of 2012?

Not sure what you mean by this, from a FICO perspective they are essentially the same, with the caveat that most FICO scoring models exclude charge cards balances from your revolving credit calculations, which can be beneficial.

And assuming that your on~line member since date is 2012, any AMEX subsequent cards will have a date opened of 2012.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 12 of 25
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

@pizzadude wrote:

@Creditseeker93 wrote:

.....but I hear charge card accounts aren't as good as having credit card revolving accounts, which is why I wanted the Ink Plus. 

As for the AMEX, I really didn't want to reduce my AAoA opening multiple AMEX accounts (especially the green), but if that helps I guessing I'll try that since I ultimately do want the BCP. Would AMEX backdate member since date, since I've been an AU on an AMEX BCE since May of 2012?

Not sure what you mean by this, from a FICO perspective they are essentially the same, with the caveat that most FICO scoring models exclude charge cards balances from your revolving credit calculations, which can be beneficial.

And assuming that your on~line member since date is 2012, any AMEX subsequent cards will have a date opened of 2012.

Oh I always thought Charge cards weren't viewed as highly as Revolving accounts. thanks for the clarification. 

So should I bite the bullet and apply for both the AMEX BCP and the Ink Bold/Cash Plus, if so which which app should I submit  first? I know both Chase and AMEX pull experian, and I already have 5 inqs on EX. 

***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 13 of 25
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

Also should I wait until the CSP reports to my CRs before applying or would it be better to apply now?

Also would it be better to apply on feb 28th 2013 since one of my inquires will be 12 months old at that time (bringing amount of inquiries in past 12 months down to 4)?

***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 14 of 25
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

BUMP

Message 15 of 25
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@Creditseeker93 wrote:

Also should I wait until the CSP reports to my CRs before applying or would it be better to apply now?

Also would it be better to apply on feb 28th 2013 since one of my inquires will be 12 months old at that time (bringing amount of inquiries in past 12 months down to 4)?

Yes wait. Noting gained or wasted by pulling the trigger now so give it a short rest. My best success has been a month between cards. With Chase they will see the CSP no matter if it's reporting as you are in their system. Do you have a business or are you flying blind trying to get points on the Ink signup bonus? If you don't have a legit business (or even if you do) be prepared to call an analyst and discuss your business info (time in business, what you do, revenue, profit, number of employees etc.) as this stuff matter to them as it should. Some people have great luck saying the business is "part time" selling stuff on eBay or similar. I had to jump thru hurdles with great sales and plenty of time in business - but it was my first Chase business card. 

I have no idea for odds on AMEX product as I don't have that card but I do have 6 AMEX cards and they don't seem to mind multiple cards. 

Message 16 of 25
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

@scenery_guy wrote:

@Creditseeker93 wrote:

Yes wait. Noting gained or wasted by pulling the trigger now so give it a short rest. My best success has been a month between cards. With Chase they will see the CSP no matter if it's reporting as you are in their system. Do you have a business or are you flying blind trying to get points on the Ink signup bonus? If you don't have a legit business (or even if you do) be prepared to call an analyst and discuss your business info (time in business, what you do, revenue, profit, number of employees etc.) as this stuff matter to them as it should. Some people have great luck saying the business is "part time" selling stuff on eBay or similar. I had to jump thru hurdles with great sales and plenty of time in business - but it was my first Chase business card. 

I have no idea for odds on AMEX product as I don't have that card but I do have 6 AMEX cards and they don't seem to mind multiple cards. 

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do have a legit business, and can provide all that info. And yes, the signup bonus is one of the reasons I'm willing to waste an INQ on the Chase Ink as previously, I've never really had a need for business cards since I utilized my personal cards or used cash. 

The only reason I'm thinking about applying for AMEX, is because it seems having them on your credit profile is a plus, and helps you get approved with other lenders. 

Either way, after thinking it over, I'm only going to apply for only one of the two cards, either the Ink or the AMEX BCP. Will apply on Mar. 1st most likely. Now to decide which one ?

Message 17 of 25
Bobert22
Contributor

I say go for the BCP and wait at least 6 months-1 year before applying for the Chase Ink. As this will give time for your current inquiries to age. Also you'll get the benefit of getting your new BCP backdated to 2012 which should help your AAoA. 

I think you might get an instant approval for the BCP. How good is AMEX with recons?

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 18 of 25
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

Is the AMEX PRG any harder to get than the Green? Don't really want the Green?

Message 19 of 25
Bobert22
Contributor

I believe the PRG and Green have similar if not same approval odds (based on what others have said on this forum). Anyone care to chime in?

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.