Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Black

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

American Express Black

Now that this is open to anyone to apply for that spends more than $250,000/year on a charge card, has anyone taken the plunge and got it?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Black

i wish, lol

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought you had to be invited to apply?

Message 3 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

From what I found out, when the economy tanked and amex tried to go back to there roots of getting everyone to use charge card vs credit card products they opened this up since the annual fee is so high.  When my business was at it's strongest I was averaging about 150k a year and I called to inq about the black and the lady was like let me transfer you over to the black department and they can look to see if your accounts spending qualifies you.  I knew I did not have the 250k requirement so I didn't bother but she never said by invite only

Message 4 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, we have got to get you a new hobby! Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Smiley Sad but I enjoy this hobby Everyone comes to me to fix there credit, now I know right at this moment that may seem a little crazy considering I don't have very good credit... but this is also my third time around the block of bad and good credit...  I think this time the saying 3rd times a charm will hold true!! and as I pay off my mountain of debt that's where I'm loosing my score

Message 6 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Creditaddict wrote:

Smiley Sad but I enjoy this hobby Everyone comes to me to fix there credit, now I know right at this moment that may seem a little crazy considering I don't have very good credit... but this is also my third time around the block of bad and good credit...  I think this time the saying 3rd times a charm will hold true!! and as I pay off my mountain of debt that's where I'm loosing my score

And you're a fountain of info about cards on the boards, as well. I for one always appreciate having you here, because I know that no matter how odd the question, you're going to be able to help.

There's something to be said for having personal experience with nearly every credit product in the US. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

And you're a fountain of info about cards on the boards, as well. I for one always appreciate having you here, because I know that no matter how odd the question, you're going to be able to help.

There's something to be said for having personal experience with nearly every credit product in the US. Smiley Wink

I sure have been touched by just about every bank I have ever heard of... oh wait did I do the touching!?Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 25
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I sure have been touched by just about every bank I have ever heard of... oh wait did I do the touching!?Smiley Tongue

You are too much fun! Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 25
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I  just wish I had an income of $250,000.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.