Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Black

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: American Express Black

If my Daughters school let me charge the tution fees on the Amex Black, I'll be satisfying the $250 charge limit plus more. I can not wait for her to graduate and get off my expense list Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

lol, we have got to get you a new hobby! Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Sad but I enjoy this hobby Everyone comes to me to fix there credit, now I know right at this moment that may seem a little crazy considering I don't have very good credit... but this is also my third time around the block of bad and good credit...  I think this time the saying 3rd times a charm will hold true!! and as I pay off my mountain of debt that's where I'm loosing my score

And you're a fountain of info about cards on the boards, as well. I for one always appreciate having you here, because I know that no matter how odd the question, you're going to be able to help.

There's something to be said for having personal experience with nearly every credit product in the US. Smiley Wink

I sure have been touched by just about every bank I have ever heard of... oh wait did I do the touching!?Smiley Tongue

Wait, wait, wait a minute ... are you saying that you are touchedSmiley Happy

Message 12 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

lol, we have got to get you a new hobby! Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Sad but I enjoy this hobby Everyone comes to me to fix there credit, now I know right at this moment that may seem a little crazy considering I don't have very good credit... but this is also my third time around the block of bad and good credit...  I think this time the saying 3rd times a charm will hold true!! and as I pay off my mountain of debt that's where I'm loosing my score

And you're a fountain of info about cards on the boards, as well. I for one always appreciate having you here, because I know that no matter how odd the question, you're going to be able to help.

There's something to be said for having personal experience with nearly every credit product in the US. Smiley Wink

I sure have been touched by just about every bank I have ever heard of... oh wait did I do the touching!?Smiley Tongue

Wait, wait, wait a minute ... are you saying that you are touchedSmiley Happy

Isn't everyone a little "touched" in there own way, just some of us get better medications Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I had an income that lets me spend 250k a year lol

Message 14 of 25
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

I've seen 4 of these bad boys where i work so far. Still boggles my mind everytime.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 15 of 25
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@TheCreditKid wrote:

I've seen 4 of these bad boys where i work so far. Still boggles my mind everytime.

I had a customer where I used to work use his and it was heavy as heck! I swear it weighed about a pound. LOL

Message 16 of 25
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

I've only seen and held one only one time when i used to work as a delivery driver for a restaurant and delivered to a dentists office. The poster above me is right, it is unusually heavy for a credit card.

amazon
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

To the last two posters- I think you are confusing the exclusive Amex Black with the chintzy nouveau-riche Visa Black made of carbon graphite. Those are hardly exclusive and its holders should be openly mocked. Kudos to the marketing department for that bank however!

Message 18 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

To the last two posters- I think you are confusing the exclusive Amex Black with the chintzy nouveau-riche Visa Black made of carbon graphite. Those are hardly exclusive and its holders should be openly mocked. Kudos to the marketing department for that bank however!

no the amex black is also made of metal so it does not wear out from swiping or break

Message 19 of 25
risinghigh
Established Member

A few of my customers used black Amex's exclusively and the cards were indeed made of metal. And I also remember the first time I held one- I wasn't prepared and the look on my face said it all...Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: EQ:600 Dec 09 TU:629 Dec 09
Current Score: EQ:670 Sept 10 TU:661 EXP FAKO:721 Sept 10
Goal Score: EQ:750 Dec 10 TU:750 Dec 10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.