Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blacklist or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Blacklist or not?

So you settled for less than the whole amount or paid in full? I guess I got confused when I read the post.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I get it. You settled and now when you contact them to pay the remaining balance, they tell you they can not find a remaining balance that you owe. Is that correct?

Ps- stop applying for a bunch of store cards.
Message 12 of 14
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Sounds like you're off the blacklist. That being said, the remaining balance could hurt you when applying for a core card or growing the card/s you get from them. Users here have reported getting back in, but not being able to grow the cards and when they call in, the old account is brought up.

Message 13 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Sounds like you're off the blacklist. That being said, the remaining balance could hurt you when applying for a core card or growing the card/s you get from them. Users here have reported getting back in, but not being able to grow the cards and when they call in, the old account is brought up.

+1

This is an excellent point, and I'm a good example.

Amex was included in my 2000 BK, and while they did approve me for two new accounts in 2015 they repeatedly declined any attempts for CLIs, always referencing the past delinquency.

It's not forever, though... they did eventually give me two auto-CLIs on my BCP, and in mid-2018 they finally approved a CLI request that I initiated.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.