cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday & Discover IT Approved!

tag
watsmyscore

American Express Blue Cash Everyday & Discover IT Approved!

Hello There, I am a long long time lurker and decided to be a part of the community. I have a great story

Kind of hard to believe. I am 19, have a 728 Fico (discover pulled) 20k/yr income. 1.2 years,Average age of history. No baddies and watch my credit like a hawk!

I decided to apply for the discover it  card 3 weeks ago, approved with a 2k limit. My dream card was always am amex. So I finally applied thinking its okay, an inquiry wont hurt me. To my surprise, I was approved for 4k for the American express Blue Cash everyday card.

I also have a Capital one journey card. I started with a 300 limit, bumped up to 500, now I just did the online request credit button, got a 500$ CLI. Now up to 1k on that card. Its a little over a year an a half old. Three months after getting my first credit card (the capital one) I applied for a chase freedom, got denied and received a letter stating I don't have enough history. I called to recon, and spent close to 50 min on the phone explaining that I am trying to build my credit being a full time student and working part time. How can I build my credit if you're not allowing me to build that. I explained that ive been with chase for a while, and that's true, I had a high school checking account with them, and then a college checking and she finally approved me for $500.

I really want a CLI for my freedom now, its my lowest limit. Lower than the horrible journey card. I tried calling them, they wont do a soft pull. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: American Express Blue Cash Everyday & Discover IT Approved!

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your approvals. As far as any advice on Chase, they are HP happy. You could wait it out and see if they will auto CLI.
Message 2 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@watsmyscore wrote:

Hello There, I am a long long time lurker and decided to be a part of the community. I have a great story

Kind of hard to believe. I am 19, have a 728 Fico (discover pulled) 20k/yr income. 1.2 years,Average age of history. No baddies and watch my credit like a hawk!

I decided to apple for the discover it 3 weeks ago, approved with a 2k limit. My dream card was always am amex. So I finally applied thinking its okay, an inquiry wont hurt me. To my surprise, I was approved for 4k for the American express Blue Cash everyday card.

I also have a Capital one journey card. I started with a 300 limit, bumped up to 500, now I just did the online request credit button, got a 500$ CLI. Now up to 1k on that card. Its a little over a year an a half old. Three months after getting my first credit card (the capital one) I applied for a chase freedom, got denied and received a letter stating I don't have enough history. I called to recon, and spent close to 50 min on the phone explaining that I am trying to build my credit being a full time student and working part time. How can I build my credit if you're not allowing me to build that. I explained that ive been with chase for a while, and that's true, I had a high school checking account with them, and then a college checking and she finally approved me for $500.

I really want a CLI for my freedom now, its my lowest limit. Lower than the horrible journey card. I tried calling them, they wont do a soft pull. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Welcome to the forum

Congarts and keep up the good work

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 10
CollegeStudent530
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy The American Express Blue Cash Everyday rocks. Welcome to the AMEX FAMILY!

Message 4 of 10
JonStur
Established Contributor

Great limit on the AMEX, just give Chase some time to see how you handle your new credit...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 5 of 10
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approvals.

Please use credit wisely. Don't charge more than you can payoff in full and never, ever, ever be late, ever!
"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 6 of 10
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

I myself is waiting to get my Credit scores go upto 700 before applying for these cards. Got denied this year due to baddies and too many new accounts/inqs. Hopefully will get these cards next year with decent CLs

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 7 of 10
watsmyscore

Yep, I pay in full always. Sometimes even several times a month. 

Message 8 of 10
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Between the IT and BCE, you should be able to maximize the rewards without needing the Freedom.  I would just wait on Chase for an auto CLI.  If they give you a mini-CLI a few months down the road, it might be a sign they are willing to play ball, and you can recon (albeit with a HP) for a higher one.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 9 of 10
watsmyscore

@Jutz wrote:

Between the IT and BCE, you should be able to maximize the rewards without needing the Freedom.  I would just wait on Chase for an auto CLI.  If they give you a mini-CLI a few months down the road, it might be a sign they are willing to play ball, and you can recon (albeit with a HP) for a higher one.

Thanks for your input. The freedom I opened a few months after my Cap1 journey. So it was my first real rewards card. Still No auto cli within a year and a few months. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.