Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue?

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

American Express Blue?

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/blue/25330 Had no idea they just have a "regular" AE card. I've never seen it before. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

Re: American Express Blue?

This card has lack-luster rewards. Basically the revolver cousin of the now defunct ZYNC charge card.

This only benefit I'd see this card has is that its a no fee card that can preserve your MR points accumulated from charge cards (they turn into MRe if you close your charge cards but turn back to MR once you have them again).
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@GaTech wrote:
This card has lack-luster rewards. Basically the revolver cousin of the now defunct ZYNC charge card.

This only benefit I'd see this card has is that its a no fee card that can preserve your MR points accumulated from charge cards (they turn into MRe if you close your charge cards but turn back to MR once you have them again).

Yes, I think that is its major use, and has no AF unlike the old Zync.

Just to note, people also use the term Blue for the old "Blue Cash" card, which pays 5x in certain categories (drug store/groceries/gas?) when the annual spend exceeds $6,500

Message 3 of 6
martinkk
Contributor

Wow. I clicked on the link..for no reason really.   This is what I got at the top of the screen in red letters.

"You have been identified as a current American Express Card Member. You may have seen an offer advertised for this product previously, but the offer is not available to current American Express Card Members."

I was NOT signed in to myfico at the time, either. So they must have some kind of tracker on my computer or something......hmmmm.

Message 4 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@martinkk wrote:

Wow. I clicked on the link..for no reason really.   This is what I got at the top of the screen in red letters.

"You have been identified as a current American Express Card Member. You may have seen an offer advertised for this product previously, but the offer is not available to current American Express Card Members."

I was NOT signed in to myfico at the time, either. So they must have some kind of tracker on my computer or something......hmmmm.

Nah, it's American Express and they do use cookies.  Nothing to do with myFico in this case.

        
Message 5 of 6
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@martinkk wrote:

Nah, it's American Express and they do use cookies.  Nothing to do with myFico in this case.

I was gonna say that when I click on it that it brings me to the page for that card. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.