Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express CLI question

tag
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express CLI question

Sorry to hear about the decline, but there's no need to rude on the forums, especially when someone offered you advice that is generally considered accurate on this forum. 

Something not pointed out here, but should have been, make sure your reports have been in tip-top shape for a little while. Perhaps you had a card or two report a very high balance compared to credit limit. You may have paid it off in the time since, but who knows which soft pull Amex used, or when that balance last updated. Then again, maybe they just weren't ready to go for extra limits at all - it has been known to happen. 

Either way, take comfort in the fact that $15k is a good deal of money.

Merry Christmas. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 21 of 29
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

I only said what I said because of how he responded intially to the thread..if you look on page 2 you can see. Merry Christmas to you as well

Message 22 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

I only said what I said because of how he responded intially to the thread..if you look on page 2 you can see. Merry Christmas to you as well

okay yes it's fair in response that it came across a little cold/irritated/etc.  It is after all a message board so tone is hard to read sometimes... it wasn't a personal attack against you for saying only ask for what you need or what not... I simply was trying to say that if you ask you my as well ask for either 3x or $25k and that by asking for more than what amex wants to give you is not going to change, it's either going to give you the request, counter, or decline (7-10 day message) and I think people getting declined often makes follow up posts that would refer to they might not have been declined if they didn't ask for the full 3x or the full $25k and that is not true... proven over and over again and stated by reps.

Sorry it came across more negative and sorry you didn't get the request, it happens that sometimes Amex just wants to see something else they are not currently seeing to give the increase... that's were I get lost in trying to figure out the "Amex computer"!!!

watching my partners CLI requersts, counters, and declines has shown many things I would not have expected but still conforms to what I post here on board and this thread regarding amex.

Message 23 of 29
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

ya sorry for my comments as well..have a good christmas Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 29
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

do not try lol..a fr is not worth it..i started out at 15k and im just gonna request 20k..you dont need much more than that and a fr just aint worth the hastle

@lionsfan20 wrote:

ok so i finally had the courage to do it and got a 7-10 day message..does that mean declined

What amount did you request? 20k? 25k? I too started out at 15k. Will soon request a CLI. (61-day CLI unsuccessful)

Message 25 of 29
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

20k..I knew iD get declined though because I dont have income..IM just worried they might do a f.r review now..I only applied because Ive seen so many people say it was a waste not to

Message 26 of 29
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

20k..I knew iD get declined though because I dont have income..IM just worried they might do a f.r review now..I only applied because Ive seen so many people say it was a waste not to

You have to keep in mind the group mindset on this board: every CLI and successful app is applauded, the more CL and cards the better, even though a lot of people on the forum are coming from prior problems with credit. Don't get sucked in.

Message 27 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@lionsfan20 wrote:

Like no income meaning on the CLI request you said $0 unemployed?

GASP!!! I don't think that was part of your statements earlier talking about the CLI request and amounts that should be asked for.

Message 28 of 29
lionsfan20
Regular Contributor

lmao I know..I put on my original ap 20k and got 15k..so I just put I made 25k to get 20k..IN my opinion It has more to do with payment history and other credit file things or I wouldnt of got the 15k to begin with

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.