Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Card

Amex didnt approve me until i was about 740 or so.

And then they only gave a $2000 limit.

Message 31 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I do not know what all the hype is about AMEX. I never had the card. "

=========

Its the poor mans status symbol Smiley Very Happy

Message 32 of 67
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex didnt approve me until i was about 740 or so.

And then they only gave a $2000 limit.

Is that a fico or FAKO score? 740 is a very good score. Lots of people get in with Amex with scores starting in the mid 600s

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 33 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that a fico or FAKO score? 740 is a very good score. Lots of people get in with Amex with scores starting in the mid 600s

========

Im not sure what the name was. I do know the scale was 330-830, whichever one that is. it was an Experian score, I do know that much as thats generally the only one I bother checking since it seems to get used a lot.

Odd thing is that the wifes credit score we just pulled from Experian had a whole different scoring system. Maybe I used a third party site or something when I checked mine. Not sure.

Message 34 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just signed up for the credit monitoring with American Express and got these scores

Experian 743

Equifax 743

Transunion 767

Not sure how that is overall given that I think they all use different scoring models.

Message 35 of 67
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

What Amex Cc do you have w/a $2k cl?

Message 36 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the AMEX Blue Sky with a 2k limit.

I tried for 2 years to get one and was denied like 4 times before they caved Smiley Very Happy

Message 37 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see.

Its a 'Plus' score from each bureau.

It sayson the site;

"Your PLUS Score is formulated using the information in your credit file. Your PLUS Score can range between 330 and 830, with a higher score indicating a lower risk."

I wonder where those numbers put me overall ?

I think my score dropped some because Ive applied for a couple more cards and shut down some older ones that were 'crap' (Household & Chase)

Message 38 of 67
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I see.

Its a 'Plus' score from each bureau.

It sayson the site;

"Your PLUS Score is formulated using the information in your credit file. Your PLUS Score can range between 330 and 830, with a higher score indicating a lower risk."

I wonder where those numbers put me overall ?

I think my score dropped some because Ive applied for a couple more cards and shut down some older ones that were 'crap' (Household & Chase)

Unfortunately none of your scores are FICO scores. There is no 3 in 1 monitoring service that sells FICO scores at this time. Here is what Experian itself says about the "Plus" score:

"The PLUS Score, with scores ranging from 330 to 830, is a user-friendly credit score model developed by Experian to help you see and understand how lenders view your credit worthiness. It is not used by lenders".

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only. You can only buy true FICO scores at a few places. One place is here at myFICO. I suggest you do an internet search for "myfico discount codes" to save a little money.

At one time you could also purchase your Transunion score at transunioncs.com but that site seems to have stopped doing that. Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/myfico-products.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 39 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

"is a user-friendly credit score model developed by Experian to help you see and understand how lenders view your credit worthiness."

Actually thats probably perfect for me then. I just need something to gauge my credit worthiness in the simplest manner possible.

It seems like the last time I did get an actual FICO score it was just a bit higher than that PLUS score.

When I got the FICO it was in the highest category, but then in the PLUS it was showing a level below that, if memory serves.

I think I like the FICO better and dont comprehend the purpose in the bureaus messing with something everyone uses.

Message 40 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.