Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Cards Issue in the UK

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: American Express Cards Issue in the UK

I'm surprised Harrods is making that card by invitation only?!

I don't see the RED Card, I forget who backed it or partnered with Amex in UK (Oh wait is it Canada?) Might not be UK, but I always like that one.

Message 11 of 20
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Holy cow, their British Airways card has a "representative 50%" APR !  Smiley Surprised

I know, but a good percentage of it is refund it back to you at the end of the year based on how fast you paid for your balances.

!!!! I'm on gardening mode !!!!

EQ FICO 779; TU FICO 783; EX FAKO 821
In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 12 of 20
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@HoahCredit wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

It's probably just me but I dont like the chip. It kinda ruins the appearance of the card I think.

It's true, but I've seen the UK version of the Black Amex with the chip and it looks really nice.

I guess the contrast of the chrome looking chip agaist the black im sure is awesome

Oh yes!!!

In my wallet: USAA AMEX, USAA World MasterCard,Service Credit Union Platinum Visa, Chase MasterCard, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More Card, American Express Gold, American Express Platinum, Chase Continental One Pass

Message 13 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

@HoahCredit wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

Holy cow, their British Airways card has a "representative 50%" APR !  Smiley Surprised

I know, but a good percentage of it is refund it back to you at the end of the year based on how fast you paid for your balances.

So in advance they jack up your APR. At the end of the year you get like a mini tax refund

Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 20
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

@HoahCredit wrote:

Have you guys seen the cards Amex issues in the UK? They are beautiful and all of them have the micro chip.

Check the one from Harrods. It is by invitation only... Wish I can get one. Check the link:

http://www.americanexpress.com/uk/cards/harrods-card/

@Definately in the market for a UK Amex, they do have a British Airways card @Anonymous.9%, not sure I would use it enough though.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 20
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@HoahCredit wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

So in advance they jack up your APR. At the end of the year you get like a mini tax refund

Smiley Happy

That's correct.

Message 16 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

Do some cards in the US come with the chip?

Message 17 of 20
HoahCredit
Regular Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Do some cards in the US come with the chip?

No as far as I know.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the Platinum Cashback credit card

Message 19 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I like the Platinum Cashback credit card

I was just thinking the same thing. Would be good to get cashback instead of points. I like cash

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.