Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express/Chase/Citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express/Chase/Citi

What is the lowest score that any of you have seen be accepted for any of these cards. My scores are EX 636 TU 610 and EQ 600

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: American Express/Chase/Citi

AMEX is 660-ish

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for Chase Freedom in the high 630's. I also had 2 chargeoffs, a repo and many medical collections on my Experian at the time of approval. 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pulled the trigger and applied for the Chase Freedom, got the 7-10 day message, called recon for info, denied, they pulled Equifax, my worst report.

Then I went ahead and applied for the AMEX everyday card, with the idea that maybe they would pull from a different CB, got the pending message and decided to call them for the status. Was on the phone with one rep, he transfered me to another person, who then told me that my app was being reviewed by some Executive department and that he didnt have an answer for me either. I asked if there was any info they needed to verify he said no and that it looked good. I asked which CB they pulled from he said they hadnt pulled from one yet and that I should call back in 3-5 days to give them time to review. I'm really confused? Has this happened to anyone before. I assume if I was denied they wouldve told me from the begining like Chase did! Help

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember it's not just the score. Banking, previous relationships and other factors go into it as well. Do you have any baddies? AAOA? Inquiries? Might paint a better picture of where you might stand. Please remember don't rush to just app for cards regardless of issuer. Make sure they fit your needs and spending habits as opposed to having a chase, Amex or citi card
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I have been in the garden for about six months. Obtained a Cap 1 QS and three store cards in a short period of time. My AAOA is at about 5 years. Yes I have baddies with two collections accounts that are over three years old. But my utlization is at about 67%. This is the cleanest that my reports have ever been. My reasoning for wanting one of these cards is yes because of my spending habits, and because it is one of the major lenders. I have been working on my scores for some time and have a nice understanding of what it takes to keep driving my scores up and not shoot them down, so I wanted to get in with one of these. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I didn't see your post when I replied...guess it was a timing issue. But it does sound like your Utilization is high. From my experience Amex didn't approve me until I had a lower utilization. First tried with 29 percent and higher scores then you have and denied. As soon as I dropped to 18 percent they approved me for 1000. Most major issuers don't like high uti. Focus on being your uti to under 30 first and try to get it lower and keep it under 30 before apping
Message 7 of 13
creditguy
Valued Contributor

For an FYI, Amex is a reliable EX puller. One thing to consider when applying with low scores is toy limit hell. Not all approvals are a good thing if it limits your ability at growth. Some people are approved with SL's of $500 and $1k with Amex and are grateful to have a mythical in with Amex, only to be stuck in a toy limit bucket because of their approval profile.

I'd say work on whatever is holding your scores down and reapply when your in a better position score wise and profile wise, it will be more beneficial to you in the long run. These lenders will always be there when the time is right, best of luck.
Message 8 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
For an FYI, Amex is a reliable EX puller. One thing to consider when applying with low scores is toy limit hell. Not all approvals are a good thing if it limits your ability at growth. Some people are approved with SL's of $500 and $1k with Amex and are grateful to have a mythical in with Amex, only to be stuck in a toy limit bucket because of their approval profile.

I'd say work on whatever is holding your scores down and reapply when your in a better position score wise and profile wise, it will be more beneficial to you in the long run. These lenders will always be there when the time is right, best of luck.

Excellent point; that's what happened to me.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:

Exactly this. If I can go back, I'd be more concerned with SL than just getting an approval. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.