Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express EMV Chip For Most Cards

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX PR Gold EMV Chip!

@Stiga9 wrote:

Just for $@!ts and Giggles, I chatted with Amex online to see how updated & knowledgeable their CSRs are. The CSR said only the Platinum Card has the EMV.

When i'm free i'll keep chatting and asking to see what they say each time. Maybe this will make them more proactive to knowing their own products!

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/?inav=menu_cards_pc_chargecreditcard

On the lower right side of the page there is a chat button. Try it out! =)

Edit: Make sure you clear your cookies, use a new browser, or use a private browser, otherwise the chat feature won't pop up (it's intended to help new customers only).

If one has an AMEX account, the chat feature has replaced the email feature.  After logging in, one selects the email icon and fills in the prompts, chat will start.  That's what I did, had a nice young man who was very knowledgable and thorough.  Don't have to do anything with cookies or anything else, didn't even have to disable pop up blocker. 

Message 41 of 212
mountainmom
Frequent Contributor

I was just approved for BCE on Saturday. Wonder if it will come with a chip.

Side question - has anyone been able to sign in to their amex online account before receiving their card? It let me sign up right away but said it would take 24 hours to be able to access it. .. its been saying that since Saturday.

Eq 702 TU 707 Exp 718
Message 42 of 212
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

@Stiga9 wrote:

Just for $@!ts and Giggles, I chatted with Amex online to see how updated & knowledgeable their CSRs are. The CSR said only the Platinum Card has the EMV.

When i'm free i'll keep chatting and asking to see what they say each time. Maybe this will make them more proactive to knowing their own products!

https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/?inav=menu_cards_pc_chargecreditcard

On the lower right side of the page there is a chat button. Try it out! =)

Edit: Make sure you clear your cookies, use a new browser, or use a private browser, otherwise the chat feature won't pop up (it's intended to help new customers only).

If one has an AMEX account, the chat feature has replaced the email feature.  After logging in, one selects the email icon and fills in the prompts, chat will start.  That's what I did, had a nice young man who was very knowledgable and thorough.  Don't have to do anything with cookies or anything else, didn't even have to disable pop up blocker. 

Thanks for the info!

But for those, like me, who want to ask over and over without wanting to sound like an OCD freak asking the same questions over, use my method since u are a "stranger" and they don't know who u are =)

Message 43 of 212
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Working on seeing if the Blue Sky card is available for the chip Smiley Happy A nice rep via chat is trying to see if it's available, so I'll let you all know how it goes!

Message 44 of 212
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I followed the link to the chat feature. Instead it brought me to a screen saying I could get 10k MR points for enrolling in POT. I got declined for the feature Smiley Sad

So...

I called cutomer service and they enrolled me and gave me the 10k points...woot

Plus they are sending out a chipped card.

Thanks.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 45 of 212
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Blue Sky card was successfully converted! Thanks OP for this thread! Will have it before 7 PM Friday, via UPS Smiley Happy Not to mention they will send me a tracking number via e-mail! Awesome!

I wonder if one of the "other boards" has updated this in one of their threads? I vaguely remember there being a "cards with chip and sig" and "cards with chip and pin" list going around on either flyertalk or creditboards.

Message 46 of 212
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Message 47 of 212
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Blue Sky card was successfully converted! Thanks OP for this thread! Will have it before 7 PM Friday, via UPS Smiley Happy Not to mention they will send me a tracking number via e-mail! Awesome!

I wonder if one of the "other boards" has updated this in one of their threads? I vaguely remember there being a "cards with chip and sig" and "cards with chip and pin" list going around on either flyertalk or creditboards.

@Anonymous prob @ daybreakgonesXe

Congrats! Update w/ pics if you will.

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 48 of 212
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

They have now, referencing myfico!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1304271-usa-emv-cards-available-today-chip-pin-c...

Awesome! Word spreads fast via myFICO!

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 49 of 212
Express
Frequent Contributor

@TheClub wrote:

Please continue to keep us updated with the approvals and denies.  Very interesting and learning which cards this feature will be available for.

Thanks in advance.

Just Order Mine it will be here on Friday!  Smiley Very Happy

CL $408,200
Message 50 of 212
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.