Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express F/R

tag
Wahoo
Valued Member

Re: American Express F/R

twelthjoe2 how do you get your siggy to look like that?

OP did your utlization jump on other cards or did a negative post on another account?  Maybe it took them 3 months for the system to figure out you had a card closed (possibly for a loss) 20 years ago.

EX08: 832 (myFICO 10/07/14)
TU08: 806 (Walmart/MC 05/06/15)
TU08: 834 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ08: 830 (myFICO 10/07/14)
EQ04: 809 (Digital Credit Union 05/29/15)
Message 11 of 28
Cadmius

@Wahoo wrote:

OP did your utlization jump on other cards or did a negative post on another account?  Maybe it took them 3 months for the system to figure out you had a card closed (possibly for a loss) 20 years ago.

NO I have had less then 10% utlization for years. Never had an account closed and never once missed a payment and have paid 3 car lones off. Not one bad mark on my credit report at all.

As far as my other cards I have:

Chase Sapphire Preferred

BankAmericard Privileges Cash Rewards

Citi Thank You

Citi Simplicity

VentureOne Rewards

Discover More

All have a CL over $12,000 but the capital one at 10k.

Message 12 of 28
Cadmius

@twelfthjoe2 wrote:

@nada9188 wrote:
No real loss for you or Amex then. I truly believe that the trigger for a f/r is info reported on your credit. In fact, this post is practically proof of that.

How does this post prove that? Depending on what cards he has with those banks he could very well have excellent credit. If you don't mind me asking what cards do you have with them?

Chase Sapphire Preferred

BankAmericard Privileges Cash Rewards

Citi Thank You

Citi Simplicity

VentureOne Rewards

Discover More

Message 13 of 28
twelfthjoe2
Established Member

@Wahoo wrote:

I made it. I'll make anybody one that wants one. Just PM me what cards you have and there limits. Up to 7 cards can be done so PM your your most prime cards and I'll make you one. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 28
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

300 spend doesn't trigger a fr. Simple as that. Uti and inq are the largest culprits.
Message 15 of 28
Cadmius

@nada9188 wrote:
300 spend doesn't trigger a fr. Simple as that. Uti and inq are the largest culprits.

Been at less then 10% uti for more then two years now. When I got the Amex there was only two there inq made 3. I don't I understand it. 

Message 16 of 28
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Cadmius wrote:

This is probably one of the reason. You have large amount of credit at your disposal. So in theory you could rack up large amount of debt and go BK.

For example, BofA wrote this down on my credit card statements,

"Because lenders issue credit in different ways, it may be helpful to reduce the number of credit card accounts you have open. Lenders see your total available credit lines and know you could run up charges quickly on any open account. Your available credit may impact their lending decision."

Message 17 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Interesting. Seems like this "too much avail credit" is beginning to become an issue. Discover even recently told me that I would have gotten a higher initial limit than $4k if I would have had smaller lines on other cards.

But back to the post:
You, sir, made the right decision. I recognize that they have the authority to request financial info., but if they can see that you have many other prime accounts handled responsibly...then they do not need those financials. Please let us know if your account remains open, closed, or gets a hard limit.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 28
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Too much avail Credit...One of the many reasons why I do NOT want CLs reporting.  <-- was subject of another thread

Message 19 of 28
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol true dat. I'm just gonna start requesting clds on my store cards (I have prob $30k-40k of store cred avail) in a few months if I start getting roadblocked like that. Mehh
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.